ZBrushCentral

Error while opening up zbrush 4r7 p3

Hey all,

I recently updated to p3 and now keep getting an error whenever I try open zbrush.

SCRIPT: FBX-ExportImport_4R7_02.txt
ERROR: ZPlugin:FBX ExportImport:Options:Import Mats as SubTools
IN: [IGetID,"Zplugin:FBX ExportImport:Options:Import Mats as SubTools’]

Sometimes it will eventually open up after hanging for quite awhile. Other times it just won’t open up.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

Nevermind, just figured it out.

I duplicated and renamed FBX-ExportImport_4R7_02.zsc to FBX-ExportImport_4R7_02.txt and it works fine.

Located in my Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64 folder.

Cheers

Take a close look at the files and folders in your ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64 folder. If you see that there are some that have similar names such as

a file called FBXExportImport_4R7_01.zsc and also a file called FBXExportImport_4R7_02.zsc
a folder called FBXExportImportData_4R7_01 and also a folder called FBXExportImportData_4R7_02

then delete the file and folder with the 01 at the end. This is an earlier version of the plugin and is causing a conflict. (Unfortunately this happened to some people when updating to P3.)

If it’s not clear which is which then post a screen shot of your ZPlugs64 folder.

Thankyou for the heads up with this script error as it saved me some serious time and I appreciate yours in doing this

Many Thanks :smiley:

This has been bugging me for ages, thanks for posting up about it!

Deleting “FBX-ExportImport_4R7_01.zsc” worked.
Thank you very much.

I have to dig that out,
iam using zbrush every day,and now out of the blue i cant start the software no more.
i found this thread whith the solution.
Now in the morning i start zbrush again and the fbx-exportimport_4r7_02 is there again…
is zbrush creating this file again or did i do something wrong renaming it in txt?

can i just delete this file?As i need the fbx import option often…

You should not rename anything. Follow the instructions in my post #3 above.

zbrushplugs.jpg
got it,
zbrush starts now,but it takes much much longer then before.
that happened without changing something on the system except installing assetto corsa (steam) and new nvidia 1070 drivers.

When i started zbrush till now,the loading diskette showed up until the software were loaded fully.
now i have no diskette,and the zbrush interface loads up pretty quick and then it hangs for about 2 minutes.
After that everything is normal again and i can work.

never had that before.