Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default My works - Jean-Sébastien Rolhion

Hello guys. It's been a while I didn't post anything here.
    Pixologic and Jaime have always been on my side for a long time to support my art. I just wanted to show you some of my works I did recently. Let's say for the last past year.

To say the truth, these will be the last ones. I decided to change of path lately.
    I have another project I think about, and I think it's the best time for me to end here my career. It was a difficult decision, but I'm doing it because I believe in what I'll do next. And it has nothing to do anymore with this kind of art.

So thank you all for your support all these years. I wish we'll cross our path again in a way or another in the future.

Thanks Pixologic.

So here's the explanations of how I made the images using Zbrush :

For the laocoon sculpting here's my process :
    I used zpheres at first to model the whole characters and main shapes. Then I sculpted the main details with Dam_standard brush, Standard brush and the classical ones delivered with Zbrush 4R7. This sculpture is 100% made with Zbrush.

For the demon head, I started from a single sphere, and modeled directly on it with the sculpting tools and using Dynamesh. I made a basic render with some fog and a black background. The other effects were added in Affinity (eyes, smoke).

For this image, I modeled the main ship with basic shapes in Zbrush 4R7. I started from cylinders, then boxes that I changed the shapes using trimadaptive brush, and using polygroups to move only some part of the meshes. Different subtools made the final ship. The other elements like the planet in background were painted in affinity.

For this image I used Blender to create the main shape of the car (very rough low poly shape).
    Then I subdivided it in Zbrush 4R7 and added all the details like pipes, mechanical parts, and all small details of the bodywork and wheels.
    The main character is not Zbrush but Daz. I rendered the final image in Blender and added the light effects in Affinity.

For the Jon Snow image, I modeled the whole suit of Jon in Zbrush. I started from a basic human shape and I sculpted the armor with different brushes (Clay, trimadaptive, standard, Dam_standard, etc)
    For the mechanical dog, I used the same technique I described for the ship above : I started with basic shapes like Cube3D and other Cylinder3D, and then used polygroups and move tool to find good shapes and made different subtools to make it look as it is on the image. I rendered in Blender and made the background in Affinity.

For this concept car, I created it for the Back in time challenge and is the base I used for the Marta image above. So it's the same process : Very basic shape low poly in blender, and then I subdivided and added the details of the body work and wheels in Zbrush.

I modeled this spaceship from different basic shapes like Cube3D or Sphere3D that I modified with polygroups and the move tool.
    I assembled the different parts in different subtools to obtain the final shape of this one. Modeling 100% Zbrush.
    Rendered in Blender and modified in Affinity.

I modeled the armor of the two next images in Zbrush using the same technique I used from the above image : Using different basic objects and tools.
    Rendered in Blender and post prod in Affinity.

I made the armor of the image in Zbrush from basic shapes that I modified with polygroups and the move tool. I had several subtools for this one.
    The head and woman character were painted in Gimp.

For this image I used a very basic low poly for the helmet made in Blender, and I added the details in Zbrush. The rest of the mech was made in Zbrush using the technic described above. (Different basic shapes and Subtools)
    The other characters were painted in Gimp.

For this mech I used the same technique as described above. Using different basic shapes and polygroups with the move tool to have very sharp areas, and I used IMM insert Mesh Dot with the basic ones delivered with Zbrush.
    The woman was posed in Daz. Rendered in Blender and post prod in Affinity.

Hope you like them.
    Thanks watching There's alot more to see on my website : www.designpicture.com

Wow these are so good !!!

New Member Follow User Gallery

amazing work man
    New but Old

besides awesome rendering techniques I love the story for each situation, it's not still rigid render but great picture contains many subtle expressions and hold attention for a while
    TR stuff!

Good match, i like everything.

Amazing images!

Peerless works! Thank you.
    Errare humanum est, stultum est in errore perseverare. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
    PORTFOLIO

Breathtaking good.
    Beside those extremly good mechs and renders, I love the focus on human telling a story or just looking extremly good.
    Pure fun to watch and discover.
    I love it! That's the way it should be done.

Top Row for sure.

Niceeeeeee Top Row Material over here !!!! I Especially love the Back to the future deLorean style car with the girl in the Marty Mcfly jacket and shoes, curious what you did in Zbruh in that picture.

Thanks alot guys ! Very honored you like the images ! And glad to post in here as well

d'Artbot : Thanks man ! For the Marta car image, I made all the details of the car : Pipes, tubes, small parts, etc... I first modeled the car shape in Blender, and then added all the details in Zbrush. Hope this answered your questions !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast