ZBrushCentral

David Vacek Sketchbook

Character I created in Zbrush and 3ds max at wokshop with Sze Jones on CG Society, it was awesome workshop, motivated me to sculpt and model more :slight_smile:
Renders done in 3ds max and mentalray.

Attachments

david-vacek-chasi-wipRend-b-x.jpg

david-vacek-chasi-fullBody-x.jpg

david-vacek-armor-textures-x copy.jpg

david-vacek-chasi-head-x_03.jpg

david-vacek-chasi-upper-wire-x_03.jpg

david-vacek-chasi-legs-x.jpg

two more wip renders

david-vacek-chasi-wipRend-a-x.jpgdavid-vacek-chasi-wipRend-d-x.jpg

more sketches I’ve recently done.

david-vacek-helmet-shaded-x.jpg

The work man i love the female character , hope to see more like that .

Thank you absorbentghost, appreciate you like it! I am going to do more and hopefully finish all the texturing on her also. Now I would like to do more anatomy sketches and studies, actually working on one posed figure.

For this wip I used my base mesh I’ve done at workshop, posed it in Zbrush and started with some basic sculpting and blocking.

fempose01_wip_b.jpgfempose01_wip_a.jpg

1,5 hours speed sculpt I did yesterday. I also made my first time-lapse video for this one :slight_smile:

time-lapse video:

<iframe src=“https://player.vimeo.com/video/141490669” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“281” width=“500”></iframe>

Decided to revive this thread of mine, share some stuff I did and hopefully keep posting more than once in a year or two

Here is alien torso and head sketch I did as a personal piece last year in Zbrush :slight_smile:

Another model I worked on year ago. In-game statue for game Argo. Hi poly in Zbrush, retopo in 3ds Max, textures in quixel suite. Screenshots are made in UE4.

An awesome result in just 1.5 hours

Thanks johnperkins899 !
The 1,5 hour time lapse was first time I tried speed sculpting couple years ago :smiley: oooh time goes by :D…

I am trying it now again in fb group called daily Spitsculpt. You are given theme and you have 45 mins up to 2 hours for sculpt. It is interesting to record yourself and try to learn from mistakes or for example find out lack of anatomy knowledge when doing some character sculpt, or too much overdoing sculpting on specific spots in model. Also it is cool to see others what can they do in 45 mins, it is also motivating :).

Another in game model I did last year for Bohemia Interactive. Clothes done in MD, polished, tweaked and additional models in Zbrush + Maya, retopo in Maya, textures in Substance Painter. Pistol modeled and textured by our weapon guys…

here are Marmoset Toolbag viewers:
http://davidvacek.net/marmoset/david-vacek-recruit-character-dry.html
http://davidvacek.net/marmoset/david-vacek-recruit-character-wet02.html

screenshots from UE4, Marmoset Toolbag and Zbrush

david-vacek-recruit-soldier-marmoset-04-x.jpg

Another in game model I did last year. From start to end took me 14 days. I used my low poly basemesh head and my friends (Rodolfo Fanti) hands basemesh. Base for Jacket is done in Marvelous designer. Rest sculpted in Zbrush, retopology in Maya, textured in Substance Painter. Hairs are alpha planes created in Maya+rendered xgen hairplanes. Screenshots from UE4.

david-vacek-sb-01-x.jpgdavid-vacek-sbZb-03-x.jpgdavid-vacek-sbZb-04-x.jpgdavid-vacek-sbZb-05-x.jpg

Here is another model from last year :). Plan was just to do shaded model in Zbrush, but later I decided to do quick retopo / zremesh in Zbrush, uv’s in Zbrush, texture it in Substance Painter and do some fun in UE4.

And here is a link for Marmoset Toolbag previewer file: http://davidvacek.net/marmoset/daredevil.html

Hi! Here goes my latest personal project. I’m trying to achieve head likeness of actress Eddie Falco as Carmela Soprano and actor James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano from one of my favorite TV series The Sopranos.

Still needs lot of work, but I will be happy and welcome any C&C and pointers on the road!
I am using Zbrush, Maya, Substance painter and Unreal Engine for final rendering…it is meant to be an in-game model also to learn more how to do good in-game hairs.

david-vacek-carmela-wip01.jpg