Member Follow User Gallery

Default Head sculpts

Hy everyone decided to do some head likeness sculpts to better improve my character skills and with that said this first character is an actor from a TV show i grew up watching in the 90' called Mortal Kombat Conquest, his name is Jeff Meek and the reason i chose this character is that in my opinion he is the best actor that portrayed Raiden and in the TV show he had 2 roles but unless you read the credits you wouldn't know it, the other role he played being Shao Kahn, besides that he also did most of his fights having a black belt in TKD and Aikido.
    Refs:

This is what i have so far.

With long hair like in the Tv show as Raiden.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

i agree that such is best for character skills... you got a good likeness already... i am not sure if you wish constructive critique, if not, please ignore the following ;-) ... i think, the earlobes are a tad too high, and the top of head goes too high (on the bald version). of course this is not such a big deal when you put hair on, but when you want do different hairstyles, it each time is fiddling... the temple area looks different, the ridge separating front from side is too strong and sharp, which also makes the form of forehead too flat. and, the transition at the outer corner of the eye is different.yes he has sagging eyelids, but the transition to the cheekbone is not a crease in neutral expression... good sculpting so far, i look forward to how you finish this sculpt.
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog

Yes the reason i posted was to get constructive criticism to better help me improve my skills so thank you for the great critiques, i did my best to match the character with each image from every angle but since every image is done using different camera focal lenght and also in some images the actor in younger and in others hes older i decided to use the 3 quarter view ( the bottom left image of him wearing the Raiden costume) as my main image so i matched him up to that last, will do another pass for the head checking the proportions from every angle with those critiques in mind, thanks again.
    Cheers

Back with a quick update, tweaked the top of the head , the eye corner and also the temple area , i noticed that in a lot of people the center of the forehead is rounder and near the temple area it gets very flat maybe even depressed sometimes so this is what i am trying to achieve but i think i need to tweake the temple area a bit more. For the ears they match perfectly from the 3 quarter view so i'm going to keep the position as is, i think i should zremesh the head as i get stretched areas like the eye and the ears that have to little resolution. I also going to have to close the eyes in order to sculpt them.

Turntable of my current progress on the head.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlNn...ature=youtu.be

Another update, tweaked more the face, and i think the forehead might be a bit to flat, what do you guys think?