New Member Follow User Gallery

Talking This is a character from my personal project.

Hi everyone, this is a character from my personal project that I have been working on lately.
    My aim for this project is to improve my digital sculpting skills and
    to create a character from my novel that I'm currently working on.
    I plan to continue Reto, UV and Texture this character in the future.

Character background:
    He is the commander of the Governor’s personal guard.
    He is cruel and is patiently seeking power and he always outsmarts his enemy. But he has health problems.
    He is good at his job. His reputation has spread across the continent. He has small secret army that are loyal only to him.

Design for his armor was inspired from Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3,Thai sculpture and Thai arts call “Gilded Black Lacquer.”
    I want to make him look honorable and ready for any situation
    by combining light armor, heavy armor and official uniforms all together.

Any suggestions and criticisms are most welcome.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BK_Globe03.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	627.4 KB 
ID:	471693  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The details on the outfit looks good. The arms are too long if you bend the arms down the hands appear to be
    long enough to touch the knees on your model from the standing pose. Also either the neck is really long or his shoulders
    are very low. I would shorten the arms so the fingertips are mid thigh when his arms are by his side, and shorten the distance
    between where his chin is and where his shoulder level is. Changing those two items may also help him feel a bit more balanced.
    The forearms are a bit large too, I am not sure if you are attempting to stylize this character and you are going for that look or not but it may make him look very unbalanced if you place him in certain action poses. That is my crit for you, also for the eyes typically the space between the eyes is one eye length apart so I would suggest moving his eyes closer together as they are separated a bit too far. At this point he feels a bit more alien than human. I hope this helps you.

Talking

Daniel Biggers Thank a lot for your suggestion. I received so many comments about arms and anatomy.
    yes I'm tried to stylize this character but I see your point my character still unbalanced.
    your comments is very useful to me,I will use it as a guide to improve this character

Thank you so much for the comments you make see a lot of mistake.

Member Follow User Gallery

I agree with everything Daniel Biggers said, even from the thumbnail in the gallery I saw the arms were either too large or too long. It's a fine balance between having stylized proportions and ones that just feel 'off', I think you have to find that happy middle ground. Luckily
    fixes like longer arms are extremely easy to adjust with the transpose master zplugin : )
    I think the eyes look good though to be honest, they make him slightly less realistic and more stylized, which is what you were going for I'm guessing.
    By the way, you have a masterful talent for all the surface textures, they are really impressive! Keep it up!
    Work hard in silence; let your success make the noise.

http://facebook.com/klindseyart
    http://yuuva.artstation.com

Talking

yuuva Thank you so much for the compliments ,I will keep improve myself.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

congrats that has to be alot of work on him, he is an likebel character.

no hair?