Senior Member Follow User Gallery

@lucpet: Awesome! Thanks for sharing the work in progress images; looking forward to seeing your final version of the helmet!

For the cloth: I used some superglue and sandwiched it between the ClothEye and ClothMouth parts like so:

The other parts that are in the image were for the facial prosthetics but I never completed them. They are not used on the helmet. Friction with the registration keys are all I used to hold the helmet together while wearing it (same for the face plate.) You could add some magnets to help solidify it if needed

Thanks for sharing the link!

-Joseph

@lucpet: Turned out great! Thanks for the sharing the image! Glad to see there is one more Cyberman in the world

-Joseph

Thumbs up

this thread is awesome are the stl files available

Cool Sweet dude!

Ofc this looks amazing. By any chance did you make templates for the suit/chestplate? or did you go free hand?

Default Making my own!

Hey! Thanks for the files! This is an amazing piece and I started making my own. I am printing in ABS because thats all my school has on them but warping is not a problem so far as I can see (I have only printed 3 parts and have another on the way) I used kapton tape to just hold it together to take this picture because i ran out of normal tape haha...

I have two question:

1. Is 1/4 pound epoxy sculpt enough?

2. Are you planning to make templates from foam for the rest of the suit?

Thanks a ton. I just finished the electronic shopping and all I need to do is gather money and buy them! I need to mae some money before I can buy the paint and primer ect. Great tutorial and amazing piece of work!

@smasherpredator: Gumroad link has an STL version free for download

@ProfPorpoise: Looking great!! Thanks for sharing the image! For your questions: 1/4 lb of Apoxie Sculpt should be enough, I used it to reinforce the joint sections. (I think there is around an $8 difference between 1/4lbs and 1lbs of the material. You can purchase it off of Amazon which is nice.)

I have plans on making a full suit at some point however this is a ways off. I just free-handed the flooring foam tiles for the initial chest piece. Eventually my goal is to make templates and CNC them out of the foam. I need to find a working Tardis to make some time to do this thou

Looking forward to seeing your final result!

-Joseph

New Member Follow User Gallery

Question Newbie

So i have just bought the file and did not notice it would be a ztl file, in which i do not have ZBrush. Is there anyway to convert it to an stl or obj file?

@Yodarules2: The main gumroad link has *.ZTL, *.STL, and *.X3G versions of the helmet free for downloading.

Here are the direct links to each of the file types:

ZBrush Decimated *.ZTL: https://gumroad.com/l/ZHXV
    3D Printing *.STL: https://gumroad.com/l/FnuNz
    Makerbot Replicator 2 *.X3G: https://gumroad.com/l/focTb

Cheers,

-Joseph

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Thank You

Welp, I've been a big doof... thank you.

Awesome walktrought man. thanks for sharing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345