New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Portrait of Sir Ian McKellen.

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, and I`d like to start off sharing something I`ve been working on during my spare time as a modelling/texturing exercise. It`s a portrait of the great actor sir Ian McKellen. It as sculpted in Zbrush, textured in Mari, and the render is modo. The hair is all modo too. C&C are more than welcome!

Very good work! I love it, nice render and modeling!! Can't wait to see him as gandalf!! XD

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

excellent

Thanks a lot!!!
    Hum, I might just work on a beard here to go Gandalf mode

Awesome work! If you're going to tweak him still I would draw your attention to the size of the irises in the eyes, they are just a bit too large, and the chin is somewhat too small. But when I look at him from the top of his head to the tip of his nose - he is really amazing, you did him great justice

cherub_rock: Thanks a lot for your insight! I`ll get back to my references to verify the chin, but about the iris, I just realised you are definitely right! I think I`ll tweak it and post the updated version. =)

Nicely done! Love the details. Skin looks great. I enjoy the folds of the eye, as I'm studying that lately. You made his face (and hair) believably well. Are you in 901 for Modo?

Hey, here is an update with some adjustments on the eyes and chin. I updated the reflections on the eyes too.

ArtBot: Hey, thanks a lot! I`ve been using modo 901 recently, but this piece in particular was made in modo 801 =)

Welcome to ZBC! Very good first post!
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Hey! My pleasure!

Eyes have definitely improved, but I was thinking of making a chin longer, not wider (sorry I wasn't more precise). Here's an illustration, it's just a tiny tweak downwards with a move brush (or liquify in photoshop )

First image depicts the reference I would say you've used next to your model, everything alligns perfectly but the stroke goes just a tiny bit through the chin of the model, and under it as Ian's features depict.

Second image is your original vs the fast tweak.

You be the judge

Cheers