GeneratorPainter.jpg

Attachments

Greeble01.jpg

Greeble02.jpg

Greeble03.jpg

Greeble04.jpg

Greeble05.jpg

GeneratorPainter.jpg

After doing a SketchFab version I decided to take it Back into Zbrush and Use the Depth Map as Surface Noise plus the Diffuse out of Substance Painter and run it Through Keyshot. Liked the Results so here you go. Not to bad for a Handful of Textures and a Simple Cube. Enjoy :wink:

Greeble Cube by gmp1993 on Sketchfab

Greeble Cube.jpg

Attachments

Greeble Cube.jpg

Using the depth map in the whole process,
that’s what i was looking for!

great stuff.

Took a couple models into Marmoset and used the Displacement and Subdivision features to give my Greeble Texture a Awesome Look!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J95qO_-hFyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

screenshot004.jpg

Get the Greeble Pack Below
https://gum.co/FjWcW

Attachments

screenshot004.jpg

Nice
I had some problems in understanding the use of depthmap.
Now I use it as displacementmap and all is fine.
First test using keyshot 6.
The material graph is a great addition to the software.
untitled.5.jpg

Patpotlood Nice
I had some problems in understanding the use of depthmap.
Now I use it as displacementmap and all is fine.
First test using keyshot 6.
The material graph is a great addition to the software.

Looks Awesome! My next Tutorial will focus on the Displacement using the Depth Map. Havent got KS6 yet, trying to get someone to answer me about using PBR Maps with Material Graph i.e. Roughness/Metal specifically, if so I’m so getting it.

New Tutorial using the Greeble Generator. Start off in Zbrush Designing the Head and Generating the Greeble Maps. We then take everything into Substance Painter and quickly create a Smart Material with the Greeble Maps to apply to our Cyborg Head. Once we finish the Texturing we go into Marmoset to set up the Textures and Displacement of the Model for the Final Render in Marmoset

Get the Greeble Pack Below

Attachments

thanks,
interesting stuff.

Patpotlood thanks,
interesting stuff.

Hope you got something out of it, it was a little long. Hope I didn’t bore anybody too much.

Hey Glenn!

Thanks for that awesome tutorial! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Never boring…always appreciated!!! :wink:

megacal Hey Glenn!

Thanks for that awesome tutorial! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Never boring…always appreciated!!! :wink:

Thanks Cal

Well here’s my 1st venture in KS6 Pro. Material Graph is already Helping with some of the PBR Maps, still need to nail down Roughness and Metal Maps. For the 1st crack at it, it turned out well, rendered in less then 5 minutes which is impressive.

Attachments

Great,
I am sure you will like the material graph in keyshot 6.

Patpotlood Great,
I am sure you will like the material graph in keyshot 6.

Material Graph is Pretty Sweet. Gonna play with it in depth on my Days Off to get Roughness and Metal Maps to play correctly with it. I will figure this out. Wish there was more in depth Tutorials out there on it.

Did a little experimentation with Greebles on my Linking Stars model again, always come back and play with this one, its just a Cool model to play with.

LinkingStars.jpg

Linking Stars 2 by gmp1993 on Sketchfab

Attachments

LinkingStars.jpg

Hey Glenn!

Way cool! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

How do you get different mats on different parts of it? Painting?
Gotta get back up to speed. :wink:

How do you get different mats on different parts of it? Painting?

Glad ya Like. To get different Materials on it I used my Material ID trick on the Decimated High-Res Model. Once Decimated I do a Polygroup by Normal, this does create too many polygroups for zbrush, so I do a Merge Stray and Similar Polygroups together. Once I have a decent set of Polygroups I do a Split by Polygroup in the Subtool Panel. Finally Merge Visible and Export .OBJ for Baking in Substance Painter. There I can use the Material ID that’s created from it to get different Materials.

Free Linking Stars Model Download and Quick Workflow

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zqgOqupVLt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

LinkingStars.jpg

Attachments

LinkingStars.jpg

thnx,
great stuff man

Glenn,
thanks for the tutorial(s) & the linked stars bundle…one of my favorite objs,
but you took it to a whole new level. :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I may have to get SubstancePainter yet! Trying it out (again) to use with Blender Cycles nodes.:wink:

Just wanted to say thank you for great tutorials Glenn!

I made a cyborg based on the “greeble” technique :slight_smile: