ZBrushCentral

Creatures from Planet 8

hi guys,

well working on my Planet 8 Project for a few months now and I thought someof you may be interested in what I’m working on. Doing some creature studies for the Planet 8.

Still WIP. Will post some more updates in the future here.

hope you like it guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

the marius deer skull_concept_small.jpg

mirus_deer_adjustment_small.jpg

mirus deer.45_small.jpg

mirus deer.46_small.jpg

mirus deer.47_small.jpg

mirus deer.48_small.jpg

here’s a quick update on the Mirus Deer for my Planet8 Project. hope you like it so far. next update will be the muscles…

Hello Tony

Thank you for sharing. These are awesome, I can’t wait to see the next images. Going to be following this thread for sure. :slight_smile:

Paul

These are stunning, good job man!

hi Gabo thanks a lot for the comment. great you like the artwork so far :smiley:
and thanks to April as well.

hope you’ll like this one too :slight_smile:

Looks really good.

Beautiful work! I remember seeing this on Art Station as well and really enjoying your stuff.

thanks

hi vlad74 thanks a lot buddy :smiley:
and kmacneil91 thanks as well. great you like it.

okay today I liked to show you some other stuff I am currently working on.
I work on a redesign for the STAR WARS Reimagined contest by cg+

so I hope you will like it:

finally found some time to start posting some pics/WIPs of my Geonosian Sith Assassin.
After reading the rules I didn’t liked to redesign the common characters like Anakin, Solo or Boba Fett.
So I searched for some creatures from the movies and after seeing a Geonosian in ‘The Clone Wars’ that idea of a Geonosian Sith Assassin popped up in my head.
The idea is to take the existing anatomy of the Geonosian species and totally redesign it…
(NOTE: if you check out some concept art of a Geonosian the head part of the original design shows me that there must be some sort of underlaying boney structure cuz I didn’t find a chitin armor on the head area.)
… that’s the reason why I am started with coming up with some concept ideas on the skull.
now a lil bit of backstory:
While working on the Anatomy of the new Geonosian species I tried to come up with a short background story about the Sith Assassin. I name him ‘Den Truk’ and he was trained to be a Master of the Lightsaber but he has no much knowledge about the Force. He was trained by a Sith Lord more than hundred years after ‘The Clone Wars’.

First Step:
Idea & Learn more about ‘Den Truk’ and its Anatomy

SW_geonosian_page0_small.jpg
SW_geonosian_page1_small.jpg
SW_geonosian_page2_small.jpg
SW_geonosian_page3_small.jpg
SW_geonosian_page4_small.jpg

Second Step
Sculpting the Skull in ZBrush

(I’m always starting with the skull of my creatures cuz this is the most important part of a creature) Third Step

The Skeleton
(Sculpting the body)

turntable video:

Next Step
(will be adding the muscles to the skeleton. Coming soon)

hope you guys like it so far. there is so much work to do so stay tuned.
cheers.

cool stuff here. i really like your deer.

-r

more to come…

just showing u guys what I am working on. new creature for Planet8.

these are low quality - screenshots straight out of Keyshot.

Very nice work

What do you use to make such realistic using bones?

Hi @scipio I am using a IMM Skeleton Brush I created last year after I finished modeling a brown bear skeleton. And to get a realistic look I created a custom material in Keyshot for the bones/skeleton.

Okay and here are the muscles I sculpted in ZBrush and rendered out in Keyshot (using custom materials)

Aes nexala muscles 01.jpg

doing a lot of Big Cat studies lately. After sketching a lot of lions, tigers and leopards in various poses I jumped into ZBrush and Keyshot and doing some Skeleton studies to learn more about the cats!

climbing

Lion_Skeleton_POSE_02.3_small.jpg

standard t-pose
Lion_front_01_small.jpg

walking (in profile)

Absolutely awesome sculpting. I really like that you start from the bones up, and I’d love to see a breakdown of your process.

@inglourious hoko: thanks a lot buddy. great to hear that u like it. I will do some more ‘action’ pose skeleton studies of the big cat and after that jumping into ZBrush and starting to sculpt the muscles etc.

something different for you guys today :smiley:

The Claybook V.01

Page 215

<the claybook="" v.01="">
it’s been a while since I posted some new creatures for the Claybook project :smiley:
Man I totally forgot how much fun it is just to jump into ZBrush and do some quick doodles.
Whole concept was done in around 2:30h (for the guys who are interested in that)

Warrior.197_small.jpg

Warrior.198_small.jpg

Warrior.200_small.jpg

Warrior.199small.jpg</the>

just a quick close-up head render of that cat-like alien warrior I did yesterday!

here is the turntable video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJoLKY6WYII

Super! The Big Cat rocks!