ZBrushCentral

Paolo's Sketchbook

“She appears as an ethereal flowing shroud with the suggestion of a shapely female body underneath. It is said that Pale Night’s true form is so hideous and terrifying that reality itself rejects it. The shroud that she “wears” hides it. To glimpse Pale Night’s true form is risking madness and death”

Hi ZBrush Central! This is my very first post here, hope I do it right :) Two days ago I saw the description of this arch-demoness on Wikipedia. It was an idea so beautiful I just had to make a concept of it. For the visuals I got inspired from the baroque fashion of the "veil of marble".

This is the final result, some other version and WIP will follow.
PaleNight_01smaller.jpg

3 Likes

This great! Love the back story you provided to set the mood for your piece. Keep up the amazing work, can’t wait to see more.

Thanks plenty!
Here are some additional variations of the concept I thought to share. I wanted to explore different materials and the feelings they give to the design.

When Pale Night wants to reveal her true form, her shroud quickly begins to rot until nothing is left of it.
PaleNight_07.jpg

A more translucent shroud.
PaleNight_04.jpg

PaleNight_6b.jpg

A velvet-like fabric
PaleNight_3b.jpg

PaleNight_02.jpg

PaleNight_05.jpg

1 Like

Just Woooow.Amazing piece of art.love every single one of these images.eager to see more from you.keep rocking.;):wink:

…is my favorite variant, but they are all great! :smiley:

Hi ZBrush Central!
Here are some views of the ZBrush model I made before starting the rendering phase.
Since I intended to choose a frontal camera the front of the model has more detail than the back.
Zbrush_screnshot_01.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_02.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_03.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_04.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_05.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_06.jpg
More to follow :slight_smile:

Zbrush_screnshot_07.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_08.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_09_blurred.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_10.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_11.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_12.jpg

Zbrush_screnshot_13.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_14.jpg
Zbrush_screnshot_15.jpg
These being the screenshots. :slight_smile:

I just had to pin these. They are all stunning! Begs to be 3d printed, though I imagine that would be hard to do.

Beautiful!

“Caul Aliens’ epidermis secrete a thin layer of a gelatinous transparent substance. This “caul” works as a filter and allows them to breathe in almost every environment. They can even survive in outer space for a limited amount of time thanks to it.”

Hi awesome people of the ZBrush Central! I wanted to share with you an alien creature concept which I have worked on during my spare time.:slight_smile:
BG_Alien_PG_02_v004E.jpg

Following some additional variations of the concept:
BG_Alien_PG_02_v004B.jpg
BG_Alien_PG_02_v004D.jpg
BG_Alien_PG_02_v004C.jpg

I really like it!!! Was just wondering. How does it eat, breath, and sense the presence of other things, and objects? Just trying to understand the Alien so I could give you advise to improve. Plus it’ll help me too at the same time because I get to see the thought process ! ahha :slight_smile:

OH No! You may have read my last reply to you and got a little confused ahha. Sorry about that. I’m fairly new here. I’ve clicked on the “Caul Alien” and couldn’t find the description. Checked it out again and found it!:lol: Hurrah! GoodWork!:smiley:

Beautiful and sophisticated.

To me is simply amazing, beautiful piece and great talent! thanks for sharing!

Amazing folds and rendering man!

Cool

on steroïds! :wink:

Hauntingly gorgeous!