Question Trying to use GoZ - "GoZMakeObjectPath" not responding?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to export a sculptris model to Zbrush using GoZ. In Sculptris, with the model project open, when hitting the "GoZ" icon, a "GoZMakeObjectPath" begins bouncing on my dock, which then stops responding a few minutes later.

I've looked around for people experiencing this issue, and haven't been able to find any solutions.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Ian

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

open zbrush go in preference>goz> and check path for sculptris, then maybe if it's still not working, force reinstall still in the preference menu.

ZBrush is correctly detecting Sculptris. Even so, I tried a re-install of both programs and the problem persists. Any other solutions?

no idea if it's correctly detected I don't see what is the problem, have you tried out of curiosity to transfert via Goz from zbrush to sculptris to see if the connection work this way?

Of course ultimately you can always bypass goz and just use the export obj and import in zbrush but that's something you already know I guess.

Hey there,

Yeah, I decided to just bring the .obj into Zbrush by importing it. Is there a good guide online for how to change the triangles into a proper mesh without loosing too much detail?

Thanks for the advice earlier though, I appreciate it!

- Ian

to not lose details the technique is the classic projection

duplicate your subtool, on the second one use dynamesh or zremesher, then prject back the details of the first one on the new model with more interesting topology

search project details and you should find many tutorial on the subject.

Thank you!