Default Crypt Keeper (Tales from the Crypt)

Hi guys!

I started working on the Crypt Keeper from the Tales from the Crypt series. Here's a early WIP shot from Zbrush and a very sloppy KeyShot render. More soon! Thanks for looking!

- Ralph

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Not into horror at all, but I have to say, you've done a good job on this.
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Thank you, sir!

It just never gets old...no matter how many times you do it; rigging!

Two bones and three morph targets (on one eye), and the Crypt Keeper already looks like he's alive :P

Great work! I really like him!
    -
    Christian Rambow

www.art-3d.com

Thank you very much!

Love it. Thanks for showing the simple rig. Good idea. Keeps it like the puppet.

Hi ZFolks! As it is my first post at ZBrushCentral (though I am a regular visitor here since many years;-)).

Great work FoxHound1984! Love the character and twisted humor of the show itself. Keep it up!

Thank you both very much! I too used to love the series, sad to hear they are bringing it back without our beloved Crypt Keeper though

Thanks for info about new tales... but without Crypt Keeper ;-( - we will see.

I'm a huge Marvelous Designer noob, but I wanted to give it a shot for his robe. Here's what I have so far. Not much in terms of fold and stitching detail, but I will be adding that later

Administrator Follow User Gallery

Love watching this piece continue to evolve. Looking forward to your next post.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am glad that you are liking the progress so far!

I plan on getting the majority of texturing and surface detailing out of the way with tomorrow. So there should be a pretty significant visual progress update. Stay tuned and thank you for looking!

Normal map for the face baked successfully On to add sculpted detail to the teeth! Here's a screen grab from the 3ds MAX viewport (unrendered).

During the head detailing process, I ended up changing quite a few proportions to better much the original design Happy with where this is headed!

Some diffuse texture progress. Still haven't messed with specular values yet