ZBrushCentral

Oops! Backfire~ Bang!

Hi everyone. This is my new artwork. The reference is from Massive Black. This theme is quite a challenge for me,because

there’s quite a lot of liquid expression in it.

Before start working, it took me quite long time to figure out how to express the blood,liquid, the cement in the cracks of

the wall, and other details. I hope to express them by models, rather than by texture.

As you can see, I created the liquid by ZSphere in Zbrush. Soon you’ll see the breakdown.

The application of texture and UV is realized in ZBrush so direct effect can be seen effectively.

hope you enjoy

Thanks

Attachments

1 Like

zbrush shots
011.jpg
022.jpg
044.jpg
033.jpg
055.jpg
066.jpg

Attachments

011.jpg

022.jpg

044.jpg

033.jpg

055.jpg

066.jpg

… that one scene in the car where Vincent Vega accidentally shoots the guy in the head while they’re driving. I thought it was pretty funny, but other folks seemed to think it was horrifying. Anyway…

I love the amount of detail you have going on in this picture, and the expressions in the characters are awesome. And of course, I have some questions:

1. How long did this take you to complete?

2. Did you use any other programs than ZBrush to make this? (Stuff like Marvelous Designer for clothing, or 3DS Max or Maya or whatever for the other objects in the scene)

3. I look forward to your breakdown. (Not a question, but there it is regardless).

Phenomenal work!

that great work

Jaw Droppin piece of art!!! Deserves a Toprow! Nice job!

man with the gun >>> :what the beep "damn this junk still works "

man in blue tee >>> : “you aint that good as you used to be you beep beep”

girl >>> : " now no one’s gonna cook for ya bunch of beep beep beep"…".beep beep"

old man >>> : " what the beep beep ! you spilled my beep beep coke man you beep beep beep"

lol …

awesomastic work as i always say keep em comin

TheArtMonkey : Thank you for your appreciation. I’m so glad to answer your questions.

1. It took me about 5 months to finish it. (by afternoon and evening time)
  2. I used programs like ZBrush, Photoshop, Maya, Quixel, and Marvelous Designer. But for cloths, most of them are sculpted in ZBrush. For instance, the shirt of the old man, the pants of the headless body, and the blue tee of the boy are completely sculpted in ZBrush. Only the dress of the girl, the pants of the boy and the man with the gun are 50% done in Marvelous Designer and the rest of the surface details and adjustment are done in ZBrush. Because ZBrush can better control the placement of the wrinkles of the cloth. I love sculpting in ZBrush.
  3. The breakdown will be posted later after I prepared.

Thank you for your compliment. lol

LenBinny :Thanks.lol

reza-lowpoly:Thanks.lol

truthhunter :lol,good one.lol

some details in ZBrush
011.jpg

Attachments

011.jpg

033.jpg

Attachments

033.jpg

Great work!!

wonderful piece~! Top row from me!
Like the atmosphere in the image.Facial expressions are really impressive .Cheers~!:smiley:

F***ing Awesome!!!

What a great technical achievement! You nailed Michael Bierek’s concept exactly. It’s really cool to see the two side by side.

tumblr_mlqy76faMk1s9ivz2o4_1280.jpg

Stuning stuff, amazing!!

Absolutely crazy sculpt. I can’t wait for your breakdown of this. Bravo!

Good job. I like this piece. Its f**ing awesome , so detailed. :smiley: How long did you render the final shot? Did you use matepainting technique?

very nice work

…mosquito on his head? :wink:

Wow that’s Mike’s illustration! I remember him drawing it! Nice job on modelling it :slight_smile:

Whoa. Did NOT expect that, just judging from the Toprow thumbnail. lol

Good facial expressions. Well, of the people still with faces, anyways. :confused: