ZBrushCentral

Hec's 2016 Works Depo

Starting this one early in the year. Might post some works from last year that spilled into this year too… lets see how it goes. Comments and crits welcome as usual. :slight_smile:

Starts with “The merc with the mouth” we all know and love, done in the Disney Infinity style to add to the X-Men line up I did last year. Yay for Chimichangas!

More stuff coming soon lots of different projects lined up this year, hope I can complete and post them all.

Attachments

DeadPoolCard_Small.jpg

Deadpool_Gray.jpg

Deadpool_Screens.jpg

1 Like

Made a version of Tarzan continuing the series. Always been a big fan of Glen Keane and his work on that film. I based the pose on one of his main sketches for the character.

Tarzan_Card_Small.jpg

Skech of him by Glen Keane:
tumblr_mvyh9093KQ1rtl2czo6_1280.jpg

1 Like

Also made Jane. She’s one of my favorite Disney female character designs.

Jane_Card_Small.jpg

Jane_Gray.jpg

I made a couple minis earlier this year for a board game. I later took them into keyshot with some polypaint and made some renders of them. This is Agent Aries:

AgentAries_1a.jpg

Next agents. Candy and Cola:

AgentCandy_Main.jpg

Love em all, sculpt, style, colours, render.

Great design work. All are your own concepts?
Excellent sculpts.

@Dragon - Thanks
@Wyatt - Thanks man! The girls above are concepts from client projects, the infinity stuff are obviously existing characters that I wanted to do in the Disney Infinity style. This next post is also from client concept art. :slight_smile:

Now for a change of pace. I completed this piece recently for Kimera Models. It’s a multikit figure with several optional parts.

• Concept by Macs Gallo
  • Sculpted by me (Hector Moran)
  • Painted by Fabrizio Russo (Demon Version)

Scale: 75mm
Pieces: About 20
Material: Resin cast

Boxart shots:
RustoFront.jpg
RutoBack.jpg

copertina-rullino-dumah.jpg
Keyshot renders:
Pulvis_Demon_01.jpg

Zbrush shots:

Here’s the same figure in its Warlord configuration with a completely different paintjob.

• Concept by Macs Gallo
  • Sculpted by me (Hector Moran)
  • Painted by Fabrizio Russo (Demon Version)

Scale: 75mm
Pieces: About 20
Material: Resin cast

Boxart shots:
KometsFront.jpg
KometsBack.jpg

copertina-rullino-dumahKOMETS.jpg
Keyshot renders:
Pulvis_Warlord_01.jpg

Zbrush shots:

Parts breakdown:
PiecesBreakdown.jpg
3D printed master:

Here’s a few photos of the Kimera Models debut at Monte San Savino, which is a yearly event for miniatures that takes place in the Tuscany area of Italy.

The pics here are of the same Dumah multikit model assembled in different configurations and painted by different miniature painters. The unpainted model in the middle is also sculpted by me. I’ll be posting pics of that one next. :slight_smile:

KimeraPhotos_01a.jpg

KimeraPhotos_02.jpg

KimeraPhotos_01.jpg

Hi again!

This was the second piece I sculpted for Kimera Models this year. Abel, Phoenix Chosen. It is another multikit figure designed for multiple possibilities for paint and assembly.

Designed by Macs Gallo and sculpted by yours truly.

Keyshot Renders:
Abel_Paladin_B.jpg

Zbrush Shots:

Paladin_ZcloseUps_B.jpg

Master print by Ownage:

This is the alternate version of the same kit, with different head, breastplate, weapons and other extras.

Abel_Paladin_A.jpg

Photo of prototype:

Zshots:

Paladin_ZcloseUps_A.jpg
Parts breakdown:

Size comparison to Dumah in Zbrush:

Hi guys,

So for a large chunk of this year i put a lot of work into these diorama sculpts and launched a Kickstarter.

Has now 6 days left and it’s almost funded. Take a look at the campaign here and give it a share or back it if you dig the figures:

Legends Of The Jungle Project

CoverImage.jpg

This is the first diorama I made for the project, Lord Of The Jungle.

Keyshot renders:
Lord_Mainshot.jpg

3D print master:

Zbrush shots:

TarzanCloseUpShots_01.jpg

these sculpts are really looking great. and it’s impressive to see the detail hold up so well at that scale.
good luck with the kickstarter.

-r

Here’s the second diorama from the LOTJ project.

Keyshot renders:
Queen_Mainshot.jpg

3D Print:

QueenCloseUpShots_01.jpg

Our Kickstarter pitch video:
<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmn-yhQeo64” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
LEGENDS OF THE JUNGLE ON KICKSTARTER

@rasmusW - Thanks man, the prints did come out pretty well for the scale… some of it still surprises me even after all this time.:wink:

Excellent work as always, love seeing the 3D Printed versions!

-Joseph

@Piggyson - Thanks Joseph. It’s pretty fun to see the stuff printed for me too, never gets old.

Hi again!

I’m sharing here some content related to how I got about sculpting fur for my projects. I’ve tried a couple ways and I’m still learning and refining the style of the fur for my projects. There are many ways of doing fur for sculpts, these are just the steps I use for the style I like these days. Hope these tips are useful for others out there trying to figure out a way of portraying animal fur. Enjoy!

Animasl_Pic.jpg

Video Tutorial:

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/bqpS5larKnc” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Additional info:
FurTutorial_Part01.jpg

FurTutorial_Part02.jpg

FurTutorial_Part03.jpg

Nice! Thanks so much for this. Hair and Fur are still super scary for me.

Thank you so much for sharing your tips on Fur. Incredibly useful!