New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Learning how to "Character Art"

Hello everyone!
    As you can notice, I'm new to forums, and new to character art

After spending some time on tutorials, guides, books, and playing around, I decided to create a character from start to finish. I'm not working with specific concept art, I'm just taking some pieces that I find difficult to do, or I'm not sure how to do it, so I can figure that out by practice.

At this point, I would like to ask what more experienced artists think about it (yes, i'm talking about you! ), what is wrong with it, and how to improve that sculpt. I would really appreciate any tips on that.

I'm aware that it still requires alot of work, and fixing, so thats why I'm asking for your help and opinion.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	character1.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	488043  

It doesn't look that bad. Tough to give a thorough enough critic without much of the anatomy visible.
    From what I can see, there are some structural forms that are off the mark. Her lower leg jumps out most of all. The silhouette of the leg looks wrong. Looks like here anterior tibialis is a little too large. It appears to be sticking out a little too far. Her ankles also seem to be a little awkward. Do you have any more images?
    T.

Thanks for the answer, I'll look into it, and upload more images later today

I worked on it for some time, but right now, i got a feeling that something is wrong, but cant really tell what

Thanks

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	488233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	488234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	488235  

I checked some of the proportions, and to me, they look quite ok (there is so many flavour of them but at least they don't look out completly off) I would suggest adding a little bit more of a natural feeling in the arms, and thicken a bit the legs near the knee and maybe a touch near the ankle, the corset don't help to get a good grasp of the whole thing though.

And also, I would test with a slightly shorter neck to see what it give you, here is an image that show some of the stuff I talk about, hope it help.

Also, relatively neutral pose and with symmetry, always look a bit off, so that can play a rĂ´le too.

Hi, thanks for the mark-up! I fixed what you suggested, and some other things as well , added some details, did some basic work on face, that came out to be totally crap . I havent got time to play with posing, but i will try over the weekend.

Cheers

Name:	18.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	488762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	488763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	488764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	488765