New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Female Face WIP

Hi again everybody

Been on and off zbrush for a few years now.

She's kind of sad it turned out. Been experimenting with translucent material in keyshot. Could definately use some criticism, but I think i've found some decent settings.

Modelled in Zbrush (dynamesh, zremesher, polypaint), retopo in maya.

This is a raw render (been fiddling with contrast and color balance though), no retouching.

Hair, facial hair, forehead and neck/chest still needs some love. Hope someone in here likes it or have a little advice for me.

Kind regards
    Mikkel

I think the top of the nose bridge is a bit high on the face, also the volume on the lateral side of each eyes(not the eyes themselves), seems a bit too much, maybe push this volume slightly toward the center of the face a bit.

It seems the mandible is very narrow at it's base, which combined with the prominent cheekbone make it look as if it was almost disconected toward the inside of the face, I would suggest increasing the width of the mandible a touch, at least at its base, where it articulate with the rest of the face.

Janvier: Thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate that.

I've corrected the nose base already. Made some adjustments to the eyelids as well.
    I understand what you say about the mandible. I'll look into that as well.

The eye part got me a little confused. Do you refer to this area?

Yes around that area, a bit more whole side and a bit upward. The reason I say this, is that head tend to be less wide at the front than at the back, as it there was a slight taper at the front, in fact the widest point of the skull is situated a bit above behind the ears.

I circled in white what area I felt was a bit wide, I can be wrong, it may be perspective tricking me, but just in case here it the pic

I get it, and your help is appreciated!

Going on vacation this week, but I'll post the result if I dont get the time to fix it tonight.

Thanks again