ZBrushCentral

Calipers Master v2. Real size measuring tools. Unnoficial Plugin

Hi ZBrushers,

I´m very happy to announce thatCalipers Master v2 unofficial plugin has been released!

The main purpose of this plugin is to boost Zbrush artists productivity when designing any kind of project for 3D printing or prototyping. In this version I´ve added many new tools and features I hope you will find usefull.

With this version of Calipers Master you can:

• Set any size and unit while working on zbrush friendly sizes (e.g. Unify or imported meshes).
  • Set Caliper with two clicks (Set start point, set end point) to increase your precision when measuring wall thickness etc…
  • Bounding Box Utilities
  • [LIST]
  • Bounding Calipers. Easily depict the bounding box size on any axis. (Visible or All options available)
  • Calibrated XYZ Size. Update and Resize your subtools with real size measurements and units

• Constrained Modes

• X Y Z constrain modes will force your calipers to follow the X, Y or Z axis
    • Distance Mode. Next Calipers will start from the last ending point. Ideal to measure curved surfaces
    • Bone Caliper. Set a caliper using the last two calipers center points. Ideal to find pivot centers for non symetrical objects

• Real Size Brush. Set your brush size based on real units. ideal for IMM brushes
  • Calibrated Extraction / Create Shell. Extract and Shell objects in real size thickness measurements
  • Duplicate and Resize. Easily create iterations on different sizes. Also special Copy and Paste functions to bring objects to your scene from other available tools in the right size.
  • Caliper to Mesh function to replace a Caliper for a QMesh or IMM object right in size and place.
  • Subtool Repositioning to easily repose any subtool with Initial and Final Calipers. Object will “follow” the Calipers.
  • Display Measurements. New display that also converts your measurements into other units
  • Export with shrinkage factor. No more surprises after mould casting sizes!
  • Calibrated DynaMesh. Depict with a caliper the polygon size you want the DynaMesh to have insted of trial with the resolution slider
  • [/LIST]

<iframe align=“middle” allowfullscreen=“true” frameborder=“0” height=“672” mozallowfullscreen=“true” src=“https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10ndIc4YCgW7TI_1Xl5_hUtN4w-Xqv-BW8wFMqfh6Wzw/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=3000” webkitallowfullscreen=“true” width=“680”></iframe>

Here is the first video using Calipers Master to Hollow models for 3D print

<iframe width=“1280” height=“720” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/IStrijmYEKE?autoplay=0&loop=1&vq=hd1080” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

More videos soon…

Very special thanks to: dargelos, Piggyson, ZKULPTOR, T.S.Wittelsbach and everyone who gave me their support and feedback.

Stay tune for discounts and new releases on hazardbrush.xyz
    Happy Calipering!

Attachments

GRCover.JPG

ZBC_TNThumb.jpg

GRCover25pcOff.JPG

Hello Fran
    Will the CalipersMaster license follow the one from Pixologic where ZBrush is allowed to be installed on a mobile laptop and a 2nd home PC?

Thanks

Hi Carter,

That´s a very good question; Calipers Master is per single User license. But it can be used on all machines needed by one single user, no matter how many. However Zbrush is limmited to 2 machines per license.

We also have special prices in volume licensing for studios and academies.

Thanks for your support!

Calipers Master v2 tutorial

In this short video i will show you how to set calipers point on the object surface and how to set up the scene scale.

Hope you enjoy it

<iframe frameborder=“0” height=“720” id=“ytplayer” allowfullscreen=“allowfullscreen” mozallowfullscreen=“mozallowfullscreen” msallowfullscreen=“msallowfullscreen” oallowfullscreen=“oallowfullscreen” webkitallowfullscreen=“webkitallowfullscreen” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ni1zit1HdvM?autoplay=0&volume=0&loop=1&vq=hd1080” type=“text/html” width=“1280”></iframe>

Vídeos en castellano aquí

:+1:

thankyou so much for helping me install the plugin!
    cant thank enough…looking forward to working with the plugin:)

Thanks anigroove and karina bhatia for your feedback.
    Happy you are enjoying the plugin :slight_smile:

Nice work, really becoming a great tool!

(p.s, you forgot your shoutout to me :wink: )

Nice work, really becoming a great tool!

(p.s, you forgot your shoutout to me :wink: )

Yay thanks Inverter!

I finally did the create shell with the extraction process. So as i already get the extraction calibrated the “create shell” was just a matter of inverting the direction of the extraction.
    Although by create shell under geometry palette could get cleaner results when coliding thinner areas, I still preffer to perform the extraction and clean by smoothing. This way i can bridge easily and get cleaner results from the shelling process :wink:

Best regards!

New Video:

Constrained modes and bounding Calipers. Set your object bounding box scale very easy with this feature .

Hope you enjoy it

<iframe frameborder=“0” height=“720” id=“ytplayer” allowfullscreen=“allowfullscreen” mozallowfullscreen=“mozallowfullscreen” msallowfullscreen=“msallowfullscreen” oallowfullscreen=“oallowfullscreen” webkitallowfullscreen=“webkitallowfullscreen” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/MVxgHEnhubo?autoplay=0&volume=0&loop=1&vq=hd1080” type=“text/html” width=“1280”></iframe>

In this video we will see how to import STL/OBJ files from Rhino/Solidworks and how to resize them and export in real size.

Hope you enjoy it

<iframe frameborder=“0” height=“720” id=“ytplayer” allowfullscreen=“allowfullscreen” mozallowfullscreen=“mozallowfullscreen” msallowfullscreen=“msallowfullscreen” oallowfullscreen=“oallowfullscreen” webkitallowfullscreen=“webkitallowfullscreen” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/raaP3-gG6b0?autoplay=0&volume=0&loop=1&vq=hd1080” type=“text/html” width=“1280”></iframe>

Hi,

I really like your plug in so far, but still trying to figure out all of the features.

One thing I can’t seem to do is to get the Real Size Brush to work. I’ve watched several of your videos and followed the steps, but my IMM brushes just insert at whatever size I drag them to - not the value I set.

My steps:

1. Set Caliper Points on model
    2. Set Custom Scale for project
    3. Set Real Size Brush value
    4. Select IMM Brush (I’ve tried steps 3 & 4 in opposite orders, BTW - no difference)
    5. Drag out Insert Brush - it scales to whatever size I drag, not the Value entered.

I’m probably just missing something obvious, but can anyone else confirm if they can get this to work and how?

Thanks!

P.S. I’m running Zbrush 4r7 64 Bit on Windows 7

Hi oddioh,

Thanks for your support!

You seem to be doing everything right, but I think I missed to explain you need to hold Ctrl while dragging the IMM in order to constrain it´s size to the brush size.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if that worked

Cheers

You seem to be doing everything right, but I think I missed to explain you need to hold Ctrl while dragging the IMM in order to constrain it´s size to the brush size.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if that worked

Hi Fran,

Thanks for the info - that’s what I was missing!

This is a game changer! Great job on the Plugin - looking forward to what you come up with next!

Cheers,

Ryan

I admire!
    To work in real size, you have to pay $ 20. Such commercial progress has not been not a single program.

To work in real size, you have to pay $ 20. Such commercial progress has not been not a single program.

Well, not quite true. This plugin just makes that more user friendly and I guess efficient.
    Transpose line can be used for measuring with a little bit of setup.
    ( Preferences>>Transpose Units)
    As well as Floor Grid

Also, 1cm from Maya is converted to 1mm in ZBrush as Charles Woods pointed out in his super useful video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjreH90ZVJ4

Bottom line, everything is there, you just need to know where to look :slight_smile:

Great work on that plugin!
    Hope it´s gonna be available for 4R8 ?!

Hello. I have just updated to Zbrush 4R8 P2. Does Calipers Master v2 still works for this version? Thank you.

“Hello. I have just updated to Zbrush 4R8 P2. Does Calipers Master v2 still works for this version? Thank you.”

Just bought my copy and it works fine under 4R8. Thank you a lot Fran Picazo for this freat tool. 5 *'s
    I hope to get a rebate for the next update.

Thank you

:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1: