ZBrushCentral

Panzer Ace Toy Creation

Hey ZBC! I’m a full time ZBrusher, and ZBrush educator looking to move on to bigger and better projects :slight_smile: I have been brooding over some projects, and and tired of staring at the same ole stuff. I hope by sharing more artwork it will help me to move on from the old stuff, get feedback from all of you, and continue to grow as an artist.

Most of my stuff lately has been purely experimental, while trying to find ways to develop new workflows and techniques for all different types of design within ZBrush, as well as developing new methods of teaching ZBrush. Thanks for viewing :slight_smile:

I recreated this toy from a cool design by Atomic Mushroom Toys, for a Pixologic ZBrush presentation at CTN in Burbank, CA a while back. This was meant to demonstrate generating clean hard surfaces inside of ZBrush wayyy before ZModeler, and explaining methods designing a character ultimately for 3D printing. All shapes were generated with ShadowBox, then cleaned up with sculpting features, and extruding surfaces with PanelLoops. Finally rendered in Keyshot 4, and Printed in the Makerbot Replicator 2.

heres some pics of the print testing process on the Makerbot Replicator 2. I still need to do one final print of this dude to call it done:) (Unfortunately the machine connected to the printer had to be shutdown mid print for the full res. print :()

Finally, here is a basic breakdown in PDF of the process!
Panzer Ace PDF Download

If anyone is interested, I have a ton of slides and files from this presentation, and would be willing to make a full tutorial explaining my process further!

Lata!

-Sir_Scallywag

Attachments

panzer-ace-with-logo-v02.jpg

panzer-ace-01.jpg

panzer-ace-02.jpg

panzer-ace-04.jpg

panzer-ace-with-logo-v01.jpg

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing more.

About time you posted images of this :slight_smile: Renders turned out excellent!

-Joseph

@dopepope-Thanks a ton man…feels good to be posting. more to come!

@ Piggyson-:lol:yeah I know…i’ve been slacking! Thanks alot dude :slight_smile:

Sir_Scallywag, what a small world this is. I too started back up on an old model I had started but never got around to finishing (I am actually in the middle of retopoing it right now). I for one would LOVE to see how you created this cool looking ‘toy’. On stand by. Best.

@Dragon-Best of luck on your old project! Ill have to shoot over and check out your work. Ahh yes, the joys of retopo-ing…but in all seriousness It can be a bit therapeutic :lol: Thank alot though, and I will be glad to put something together for this:)

Your awesome! On standby. Also, would like to PM ya, this OK with you?