New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Hairyskeleton's Sculptures

Khet is a male oryx from the Veldt and one of my supporting characters for 3D animation in "Familiaris". Clay model was sculpted from approximately 50 photographs taken from the internet and took 3 weeks to complete. No touch-ups. No live subject. First conceptual boulder layout scene. Next step is to add painting/texture, then on to rigging the character and on to 3D animation.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Ok, my apologies then.

You're a skilled modeler but somehow you considered a hair plug-in that most likely won't work with anything outside of DAZ. Forget Poser, it's actually useless for posing your own models.

Now, you can stay with Sculptris in combo with Blender (again, it's as hard as Maya) for the retopolgy, texturing, rigging, animation and render - or - get ZBrush, which does all the work in one software (not the animation or powerful rendering, that still needs other tools)

Default Sargon On The Dunes

"Sargon", is a reversed spotted Dalmatian and my main character OC which will be used in 3D animation in familiaris. Unpainted 3D clay model. One hundred and ninety eight (198) reference photos used from the Internet, 4 3D tutorials used from the Internet, and live action videos and CU pics of my own dog for a live subject used to create this character. Took nearly a year to complete, mostly in my spare time. No touch-ups.
    Two hundred (200+) HD photographs taken in the dune fields along with canine paw prints to simulate the Veldt environment of familiaris. First concept for the environment without using a scenery generator to visualize "what it may look like". I may upload additional scenes with additional sculptures on the "Veldt" to get a feel for what the scenes may look like, and also to help me visualize/write the screenplay episodes and scripts.
    Painting the model is up next. Then on to rigging the character. Then on to fur texture, posing, animation.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sargon On The Dunes.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	734.4 KB 
ID:	499698  

Default Sargon On Pancake Rock

This is my first render ever. Rendered in D/s 4 using Iray. It's also the first time I imported a finish work into D/s and posed the model (with some difficulty). Pretty happy with the render for the character, which is the main thing, but not thrilled with the texture for the rock stand, obviously the specular node was turned up way too high and made it look a lot more like a pile of melted chocolate, not the look I was going for. Maybe I'll take another stab at the rock later.

I bought the LAMH software this week for applying the fur texture, so I'll be learning how to do that along with finding out how to do rigging in D/s and painting some of the other models. Also started a new clay sculpture this week of a Somali wild ass, seems to be going okay, nearly finished already after a breaking 2 weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.

Default Khet Painted 2

Khet is a male oryx from the Veldt and one of my supporting characters for 3D animation in "familiaris". Another simulation to gauge the effect of what the characters look like in the desert. Painting took many, many days to complete. No live subject.

I love Sculptris!

Please comment.

Default Shalira on River Rock

"Shalira" is a mare zebra from the Veldt and one of my supporting characters for 3D animation in "familiaris". Another effect to gauge the effect of what the characters look like in the desert, this time with rocks added and an overlook. Took about 3 weeks to sculpt the clay model. No live subject. Designing the open mouth was quite a challenge. Next step is to paint the model with stripes, add fur texture, then on to rigging the character and on to 3D animation.

Thanks for stopping by, and PLEASE comment.