Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Very excited for 4R8. And the way I look at it, the more iterations they release before it, the better they will need to make ZB5 to warrant the leap from the 4 series. I would be shocked if they are not trying to come up with a viable way to offer a VR option as well, or perhaps giving that tech a couple more years of streamlining and tuning-up. VR might be that quantum leap that makes it worth calling ZB5...unless, of course, it ends up being called ZBVR

I, for one, am very eager for the day when I can share a virtual space with my ZB sculpts as I work on them.

Lazymouse:
    New functionality includes the option to begin a new stroke where the previous one left off, enabling users to sculpt single continuous strokes that run right around a mesh.
    LazyMouse also now generates strokes of consistent depth, even when sculpting across previous strokes.

Nice

New Member Follow User Gallery

Cool

Cool!
    artstation.com/artist/tomaszcwik

Will there be a 32bit update from r7 to r8??? Ya I know, I'm behind on hardware...

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

In celebration of our ZBrush Summit reveals of both ZBrush 4R8 and ZBrushCore, Pixologic is pleased to offer special discounts for a limited time. ZBrush 4R7 is being offered at a 20% discount through October 3rd, with immediate digital download and a free upgrade to ZBrush 4R8 when released. ZBrushCore will also receive a 20% discount for all pre-orders between now and its release on October 14. These savings are only available through the Pixologic store. Don’t miss it!

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

when they said zbrush 4r8 you could hear a pin drop

Is there a way to find out about r8 without watching hours of video?
    These are dark days for CG news. CGTalk doesn't display most news anymore, and now it looks like Zcentral is even falling back on easy access to their latest news.

s there a way to find out about r8 without watching hours of video?
    http://www.cgchannel.com/2016/10/pix...es-zbrush-4r8/
    • I don't speak English "by default", so...
    Cinema 4D Discord Channel

Thank you Regnas!

You're welcome...
    • I don't speak English "by default", so...
    Cinema 4D Discord Channel

live stream is down.
    will ZBrushCore replace Sculptris?
    sadicus | My Gumroad | w10 | nvidia GeForce 680M |
    Soft kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, Sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Member Follow User Gallery

Unfortunately, I've pretty much missed the entirety of the first 2/3 of the summit, especially today, as i've had a pretty rough one on a personal level.

But having just read the article on cgcentral, i was rather surprised to see the info about 4r8, but some of the new features in that article, i'm really liking the look of: namely, the custom gizmos that function the same way they do in other DCC apps (according to that article), and we'll be able to create our own custom ones too? Impressive. Proper gizmos like these is something zbrush has needed for a long time (no more messing around with transpose!).

Now all it has to do is leave behind the whole "2.5D" thing, and go full "3D" with a proper standard unit measurement system (no more porting models into modo only to find they're nearly microscopic), hopefully that'll be in Z5.

And while Zcore looks interesting, I think i'll pass on it, I already have the full package, plus feature limitations would potentially be an issue.

I just bought a new zbrush. Thanks you pixologic for the discount. Now I wait for zbrush 4.8 release

And while Zcore looks interesting, I think i'll pass on it, I already have the full package, plus feature limitations would potentially be an issue.
    I think the Core is aimed at new users who have limited needs, there is no reason other than maybe wanting cheaper licences to buy core, it would be way to limited to current users.

4r8 looks to be a nice free bonus, something that we wouldnt have got if they had went to v5 without paying for upgrade, so we get to use some of v5 for free, that cant be bad, although I was hoping for v5 this year. I do find it odd how nothing was mentioned officially in this forum about 4r8 after it was announced at the summit, as now there is just odd dribs and drabs of info hidden in comments. I had to go to Google to search it, found CGChannel.com. they linked the video in which I had to manualy forward it, thats a messy way to get the news out to thoes who missed the summit.

dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tez
    I think the Core is aimed at new users who have limited needs, there is no reason other than maybe wanting cheaper licences to buy core, it would be way to limited to current users.
    Indeed! Aurick said as much here. It doesn't replace anything, it's simply another option.

Quote Originally Posted by aurick
    If you've been intimidated by ZBrush, have never dipped into the world of CG, are a hobbyist, are focused on 3D printing or just can't afford ZBrush at this time then ZBrushCore is a great alternative. If you later decide that you want the professional feature set in ZBrush, there will be an upgrade path.

In other words, ZBrushCore is a solid application for general users or a stepping stone, depending on individual needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez
    I do find it odd how nothing was mentioned officially in this forum about 4r8 after it was announced at the summit, as now there is just odd dribs and drabs of info hidden in comments.
    I'm sure there will be an official announcement this week along with demo footage from the Summit. Right now the staff is at the Summit, and probably very busy. They have to make sure the folks who show up for that get their money's worth. They never officially announce anything on ZBC on the weekend anyway.

-Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast