New Member Follow User Gallery

Default How to import multiple objs and not blowing out existing subTool nor merging/welding

Hi,

New to zbrush and have searched past two + hours without success. What I am trying to do is quite basic actually. I have an existing model and I have additional mesh components I want to add to my existing model. Whenever I import it as an obj the process appears to overwrite/blow out my existing SubTool/GEO. A second import option in 4R7 appears at the bottom which has MRG and Add options which kinda works but does not allow me to move the GEO around to position; its merging things in inproper places. I found the following video (at around 5 mins) which outlines the same problem but this guys solution looks very buggy; have to believe a better way exists to solve this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2ZfEEIl_Y

Thanks,

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

When you open an object or tool and an already opened tool is selected, it will always replace that mesh. You just need to select the polymesh 3d STAR tool and import your desired mesh over that. Your mesh will also retain it's UVs if it has any. Hope it helps!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

As far as the flipped normals. This is normal. Lol. These issues happen in every package at one point or another. and it's not that difficult to correct in Zbrush. The method may be/seem buggy, but it's what we have. Just feel fortunate that you don't have seperate faces flipped erratically all over the mesh. Now, THAT can be a nightmare unless you know what to do.