Default expiringsun's Kaiju Project

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a few months and have been completely blown away and inspired by all the artists here. Which makes me a bit intimidated to post anything, but I figured I should get past that and put some stuff out there I've been working on.

I have 3D experience, but am new to ZBrush. I work mostly in Cinema 4D at my job, and have sculpted a little bit in there, but man since I've picked up ZBrush I've felt like a whole world has opened up. It's kind of exciting to be working a program that's so different from anything else I've ever used. I wish I would have started learning it a long time ago, ha!

Anyway, I've been working on concepting and sculpting my own creatures for a line of kaiju collector cards I'm putting together. Here's the first creature, named Hauntrara.

I haven't even started to scratch the surface of posing, texturing and lighting yet. So this is just a raw model at this point. I figure once I get the hang of the basics of sculpting I'll dive into some of that goodness.

This creature was started out with zSpheres, then converted to adaptive skin, and then refined mostly using dynamesh.

I've also uploaded this beast to Sketchfab here if any of you are into that.

As I develop more I'll post them in this same thread. Any comments or critiques are welcome. And I'll continue to peruse all the work on here, thanks for all the endless inspiration!

Default Paralyzor

Here's the 2nd of my creatures for my still unnamed Kaiju collector card project (though I have a few ideas for names . This is Paralyzor, who is part of the same family as Hauntrara, hence the similarity in their structure (one eye, scales, webbed limbs). Paralyzor is a surface based Kaiju and focuses more on small groups and precision attacks.

I still haven't dove into texturing or polypainting much yet. Still working on getting comfortable with the sculpting tools.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaiju_003_Paralyzor_01_Mark3.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	500857  

Default Nachtmaros

Been designing and sculpting kaiju for my collector card project like crazy, and have a new one ready to share! This is Nachtmaros, who originates from the same planet as Hauntrara and Paralyzor, only of a different species (note the six eyes instead of one, and lack of arms). It uses its psychological powers to invade the dreams of those it seeks to destroy. When they see it in real life, they often have a feeling of horrifying déjà vu as they gaze up to its presence...but not for long, considering the monster's swift and merciless attacks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaiju_004_Nachtmaros_01_Mark.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	502960