New Member Follow User Gallery

Default I a Cintiq 13hd Big enough for Zbrush?

Hey guys, I'm totally new to Zbrush working my way through some tutorials and books and quickly realizing that I'm not going to get anywhere near enough accuracy from just using a pc mouse. So I'm looking into getting a graphics tablet, something I had been wanting for a while now since I would also like to try my hand at digital painting. The Cintiq 13hd seems like a great device going by user reviews that i believe would be plenty big enough for my drawing/painting needs, but for zbrush im not sure... With the UI and everything on the screen will 13inches be enough room to still sculpt well? I haven't used/seen a 22hd but when I get the tape measure out and imagine it in front of me I feel like that may actually be too big.... kind of wish there was an in between size with an in between price tag to match.... does anyone here use the 13hd and do well with it? Graphics stylus pad thing is not an option for me, I recently started clay sculpting and want that kind of experience digitally the hand eye disconnect thing wouldn't give me that.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I have one. I use it with my MacBookPro laptop. It not only gives me 2 screens but is also a stylus/tablet.
    In Zbrush you will want to switch to full screen mode on the Cintiq. You will also want to program the side controls to match the modifier keys for Zbrush. In addition, program the Wacom Radius Menus with more hotkeys. I have a hotkey for the Mac on-screen keyboard as well.

It's great for portability, tutorials, and sketching. For example, I but a training video on the laptop screen and follow along the Zbrush on the Cintiq. However, for complex and high-detail/high-poly work I use my MacPro workstation with 2 HD screens and an Intuos Pro Large. (Laptops don't have enough real-estate and horsepower for complex work).
    ------------
    Doug

New Member Follow User Gallery

Ok, so after giving it some thought, i think im just going to get an intous and maybe a cintiq later on down the line... now the question is which one? I see there is a pen version and a pro version listed on amazon... is there a significant advantage in getting the pro version for zbrush use?