ZBrushCentral

José Rosales-Talamás Sketchbook

Hello everybody!

This is my first post, long time lurker here.
I finally gathered the courage to go ahead and post my work. This place has always been a huge inspiration for me. Now I want to contribute a bit to it.

SHEDIM.

This is a Creature I recently finished for a challenge on a fb group. I finished tied for second place! :slight_smile:

I wanted to create a mix of animal and demon, with some human traits mixed here and there. I also wanted to explore a bit some hard surface techniques inside Zbrush and to use more the ZModeler brush.
Cables and tubes are from a kitbash kit by Vitaly.

Sculpt, modeling and polypainting done inside Zbrush. Render in Keyshot. Post and final comp in Photoshop.

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-b-portrait.jpg

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-a-portrait.jpg

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-a-(1).jpg

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-b-(1).jpg

Hope you guys like it!
It’s good to finally be here :slight_smile:

Attachments

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-a-portrait.jpg

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-a-(1).jpg

jose-rosales-talamas-shedim-artstation-b-(1).jpg

Here are some zbrush renders of the sculpt and polypaint job.

Attachments

Great first post! Congrats on taking second place in the challenge, too! :+1:

Thank you for the kind words man!

Hello everyone!

I want to share with you my take on Doomsday. It was a fun project! I tried to go for a more devilish look. I also explored some new things with keyshot and post.

Attachments

Great silhouette!! I love the fact that the mouth and eyes are glowing like its about to shoot

Thanks man! I guess I’m really loving glowy things lately haha

Hello ZBC,

I want to share with you guys my entry for the Beyond Human Challenge on Artstation. Doro.
I entered the Film/VFX Character Art category. I wanted to push myself into creating a full non-human character with some interesting anatomy and shapes.

I used Zbrush first to sketch the main forms and get the idea of the character, Maya for retopo and UVs, back to Zbrush for the final sculpt and displacements, Mari for texture painting and rendered everything in Maya qith V-ray. Photoshop at the end for a bit of post.

The original design was done by Björn Hurri. Here’s a quote from his post on the character:
“He is the hero of the story, an agile runner, full of explosive energy that he uses to “parkour” through the environment and glides between larger gaps.
The Alpa seeds that exit the safety of their nests use the biotech to customise their accessories that act as instantly reactive biomass, in Doro’s case he uses
his head gear as manouvering enhancements to move even fast as he flies throught the air.”

I had so much fun with this challenge. Can’t wait to do a new character and push myself again to try new things and keep improving.
You can check out the whole process thread from the challenge here:
https://www.artstation.com/contests/beyond-human/challenges/25/submissions/22133

An complete breakdown of the chartacter here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G3VQa
Cheers!
-José

FINAL_Beauty_01.jpg
FINAL_Closeup_1.jpg
FINAL_Beauty_02.jpg
FINAL_Closeup_2.jpg
FINAL_Presentation_Renders.jpg
FINAL_Wire_Presentation.jpg
FINAL_Sculpt_01.jpg
FINAL_Sculpt_03.jpg
FINAL_Sculpt_02.jpg

Attachments

FINAL_Beauty_01.jpg

FINAL_Closeup_1.jpg

FINAL_Beauty_02.jpg

FINAL_Closeup_2.jpg

FINAL_Presentation_Renders.jpg

FINAL_Sculpt_01.jpg

FINAL_Sculpt_03.jpg

FINAL_Sculpt_02.jpg

FINAL_Wire_Presentation.jpg

I’m very happy to finally be able to share the work I did during the Zbrush 2018 Beta!

First I want to thank the Pixologic team for he invitation to be a part of the testers team. It was a huge honor to be among so many talented and hard working artists that I follow and admire, and the team behind the development of Zbrush is one incredible group of people.
I used the Sculptris pro and the Project Primitive a lot while figuring out the main primary shapes of the design. These two new tools combined with Dynamesh are a serious game changer and I was able to speed up a lot my workflow because of this, specially Project Primitive. Takes a bit to get used to but once you do is all second nature. For the polish and detailing the polygroupit was an amazing resource that saved me a lot of tedious boring work. I also used the Sculptris pro mode for all the organic parts.

jose_rosales_(tree) (24).jpgjose_rosales_(tree) (28).jpg

Attachments

Hey everyone,

As part of the beta we had to do a sphere challenge and sculpt something with the Sculptris Pro mode from a sphere.
This is my sphere for the challenge. It was a lot of fun to do! it’s really cool working with this new mode, def one of my favorite new tools.

ChimpClose.jpgChimp02.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Attachments

ChimpClose.jpg

Chimp02.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Hello everyone,

This is my latest piece, a fanart of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I got together with some friends and we decided we wanted to do a small challenge for Halloween for fun.
The idea was to take each of us one of the classic monsters from Universal and do a personal take on it. I chose this character since I love sculpting organic creatures and monsters so I felt it would be a challenging and fun project to do.

Creature_Black_Lagoon_CLOSEUP.jpg

Creature_Black_Lagoon_TITLE.jpg

Creature_Polypaint.jpg

Creature_Sculpt_01.jpg

Creature_Sculpt_02.jpg

We decided on doing busts of the characters so we could be able to display them later all together as collectibles or prints of some sort.
I tried to blend animal (fish) and human like features into the face and still make it a bit believable. It was very fun to work on this.

hope you like it.
Cheers!

Attachments

Creature_Black_Lagoon_CLOSEUP.jpg

Creature_Black_Lagoon_TITLE.jpg

Creature_Polypaint.jpg

Creature_Sculpt_01.jpg

Creature_Sculpt_02.jpg

great sculpt José!! bravo!

Thank you Mickael! I appreciate it man.