ZBrushCentral

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End Characters Art dump

Hey guys, i am Frank Tzeng, the lead character artist at Naughty Dog, our character team in Naughty Dog have been working on Uncharted 4 pretty hard for years, now that the game is finished, we can finally and glad to share some cool character art works over here at ZbrushCentral.
This will be an art dump which will including most of our character artists works here, hope you guys enjoying playing the game and seeing the art as we enjoying making them. :slight_smile:
Also, zbrush has been an amazing and important tool for us to create our high quality art in Uncharted 4, so thanks Pixologic for making this happen!
Enjoy!!!

First of all, the main character Nathan Drake
Concept: Ashley Swidowski
there are multiple people who worked on him, i was the final one to finish the final version of him and oversee in the process. Credits to the whole team.

frank-tzeng-highres-1254099224201409-270121.jpgdrake-ingamesmall.jpgfrank-tzeng-sdbvs (1).jpgfrank-tzeng-drake-head-lighting-test.jpgfrank-tzeng-drake-eyes-close-details.jpgfrank-tzeng-drake-close-up-details.jpgks1 small.jpgzb render small.jpg

Attachments

frank-tzeng-drake-head-lighting-test.jpg

frank-tzeng-drake-eyes-close-details.jpg

frank-tzeng-drake-close-up-details.jpg

frank-tzeng-highres-1254099224201409-270121.jpg

drake-ingamesmall.jpg

ks1 small.jpg

zb render small.jpg

drake-wrinkle-map-brow-raiser-all small.jpgftzeng-20141009-1288 small.jpgftzeng-20141024-1374 small.jpgftzeng-20151206-0317 small.jpgftzeng-20151206-0327.jpghighres_665389336201412_042310small.jpgswolen head 2 small.jpghighres_665389336201412_050031 small.jpg

Attachments

drake-wrinkle-map-brow-raiser-all small.jpg

ftzeng-20141009-1288 small.jpg

ftzeng-20141024-1374 small.jpg

ftzeng-20151206-0317 small.jpg

ftzeng-20151206-0327.jpg

highres_665389336201412_042310small.jpg

swolen head 2 small.jpg

highres_665389336201412_050031 small.jpg

1 Like

frank-tzeng-keyart-final-full.jpgfrank-tzeng-highres-20140509-151858-fix.jpgfrank-tzeng-ftzeng-20140501-0353.jpgfrank-tzeng-highres-20140509-150505.jpgfrank-tzeng-drake-arms-ingame.jpgfrank-tzeng-hand-wrinkle-maps-details.jpgfrank-tzeng-u4-teaser-screen1.jpg

Attachments

frank-tzeng-ftzeng-20140501-0353.jpg

frank-tzeng-highres-20140509-151858-fix.jpg

frank-tzeng-highres-20140509-150505.jpg

frank-tzeng-drake-arms-ingame.jpg

frank-tzeng-hand-wrinkle-maps-details.jpg

frank-tzeng-keyart-final-full.jpg

frank-tzeng-u4-teaser-screen1.jpg

1 Like

Next - Nadine Ross
Concept : Ashley Swidowski, Richard Lyons
I did most of the works, Yibing helped out with the hair and outsourcing helped with some game mesh and scan clean up.

frank-tzeng-nadine-final3 small.jpgu4-nadine-ingame-4.jpgnadine beauty 1 ssmall.jpgnadine ross head sculpting lighting small.jpgnadine ross head sculpting small.jpgnadine ross island full outfit.jpgnadine ross island tanktop outfit.jpgu4-nadine-final-hair small.jpg

Attachments

frank-tzeng-nadine-final3 small.jpg

nadine ross island full outfit.jpg

nadine ross island tanktop outfit.jpg

u4-nadine-ingame-4.jpg

nadine beauty 1 ssmall.jpg

nadine ross head sculpting lighting small.jpg

nadine ross head sculpting small.jpg

u4-nadine-final-hair small.jpg

u4-nadine-final-hair small.jpgu4-nadine-ingame-1 small.jpgu4-nadine-ingame-2 small.jpgu4-nadine-ingame-3-arm-closeup small.jpgu4-nadine-ingame-5 small.jpgnadine ross arm sculpting small.jpg

Attachments

nadine ross arm sculpting small.jpg

u4-nadine-final-hair small.jpg

u4-nadine-ingame-1 small.jpg

u4-nadine-ingame-2 small.jpg

u4-nadine-ingame-3-arm-closeup small.jpg

u4-nadine-ingame-5 small.jpg

Sully

Concept: Hyoung Man
Soa and Yibing helped out with hair, outsourcing for scan clean up and some game mesh, others by me.

u4-sully-beauty-1 small.jpgu4-sully-beauty-2 small.jpgu4-sully-ingame1 small.jpgu4-sully-ingame3.jpgu4-sully-ingame4 small.jpgu4-sully-ingame5 small.jpgu4-sully-ingame7 small.jpgu4-sully-ingame2.jpg

Attachments

u4-sully-beauty-1 small.jpg

u4-sully-beauty-2 small.jpg

u4-sully-ingame1 small.jpg

u4-sully-ingame2.jpg

u4-sully-ingame3.jpg

u4-sully-ingame4 small.jpg

u4-sully-ingame5 small.jpg

u4-sully-ingame7 small.jpg

u4-sully-skin-colo-close-up small.jpgu4-sully-sculpt-close-up small.jpgu4-sully-halfbody-all small.jpgu4-sully-fullbody-scotland.jpg

Attachments

u4-sully-fullbody-scotland.jpg

u4-sully-halfbody-all small.jpg

u4-sully-sculpt-close-up small.jpg

u4-sully-skin-colo-close-up small.jpg

Young Drake

u4-young-drake-ingame-2 small.jpgu4-young-drake-ingame-1 small.jpgu4-young-drake-head-lighting-render small.jpgyoung-drake-head-sculpt small.jpgyoung-drake-half-body.jpgyoung-drake-full-body.jpgu4-young-drake-ingame-beauty small.jpg

Attachments

u4-young-drake-head-lighting-render small.jpg

u4-young-drake-ingame-1 small.jpg

u4-young-drake-ingame-2 small.jpg

u4-young-drake-ingame-beauty small.jpg

young-drake-full-body.jpg

young-drake-half-body.jpg

young-drake-head-sculpt small.jpg

Charlie Cutter

cutter head.jpgMP-cutter-close up small.jpgMP-cutter-bust small.jpgMP-cutter-full body.jpgcutter 1.jpgcutter 2.jpg

Attachments

cutter 1.jpg

cutter 2.jpg

cutter head.jpg

MP-cutter-full body.jpg

MP-cutter-bust small.jpg

MP-cutter-close up small.jpg

Hey all, here’s a small snippet of pieces that I worked on for Uncharted 4. A big shout out goes to all departments from concept, rigging, animation, shading, programming, lighting, Sony San Diego, and all of our outsource studios.
There are so many small hands that need to be in place for everything to come together at the end, so I tried to grab assets that were primarily created by myself.

Attachments

A few more:

Title_Skeleton.jpg
NPC_Head03.jpg
NPC_Head04.jpg
NPC_Head05.jpg
NPC_MP_Zbrush.jpg

Attachments

NPC_Head03.jpg

NPC_Head04.jpg

NPC_Head05.jpg

NPC_MP_Zbrush.jpg

Title_Skeleton.jpg

1 Like

Some really gorgeous work! Top notch. Top row. :+1:

Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece work of art. A 10/10 game as far as I’m concerned, and easily the best in the series.

And these character designs are absolutely phenomenal… so lifelike. You can tell the artist(s) who worked on them is passionate about the work. Great stuff :+1:

Now if only there were people of your caliber working on other favorites of mine, like the new SF series, haha. But, on a more serious point, kudos to everyone involved in this fantastic, fantastic game.

Cannot say enough.

Hello folks,

I’m glad to introduce our character works for Uncharted 4. It was great time to work with amazingly talented naughty dogs.
All images here belong to everyone who had involved to make a good character.
It means… even you, a fan of Uncharted, have been cheering us up to get this result.
Thank you as always! :slight_smile:

Elena
Elena_keyart02.jpgElena_ingame01_BW.jpgElena_zbrush.jpgElena_ingame02.jpg

Evelyn
evelyn_ingame02.jpgevelyn_ingame01.jpgevelyn_zbrush.jpg

Attachments

Elena_keyart02.jpg

Elena_zbrush.jpg

Elena_ingame02.jpg

Elena_ingame01_BW.jpg

evelyn_ingame02.jpg

evelyn_ingame01.jpg

evelyn_zbrush.jpg

Great art. Great team. Congratulations on all the awesome work!

Hey guys.
I’m Glauco Longhi. I had the pleasure to work on Uncharted 4 among uber talented artists.
It was such an amazing project to work on!
Here’s some of the stuff I did. Like Adam mentioned, it was all team work, but these are the characters I was responsible of.
Thanks to all the Dogs, and also all the outsource teams that helped us out during the whole production!

Henry Avery statue
henry-01.jpg
henry-02.jpg
Lazarevic
lazarevic-04low.jpg
lazarevic-05low.jpg
lazarevic-06low.jpg

Attachments

henry-01.jpg

henry-02.jpg

lazarevic-04low.jpg

lazarevic-05low.jpg

lazarevic-06low.jpg

Rameses
rameses-04low.jpg
rameses-03.jpg
Torso body base
torso-01.jpg
Npcs
npc-heads-03low.jpg
npc-heads-04low.jpg
npc-heads-05low.jpg
npc-heads-06low.jpg

Feel free to stop by my website for more stuff :wink:
www.glaucolonghi.com

Cheers!!

Attachments

rameses-03.jpg

torso-01.jpg

npc-heads-03low.jpg

npc-heads-04low.jpg

npc-heads-05low.jpg

npc-heads-06low.jpg

rameses-04low.jpg

Absolutely perfect Frank, Holy Grail stuff. Words just can’t do it justice. Thanks for sharing.

Master piece of art work ,Cheer up to all Naughty Dogs

Amazing, thanks for sharing this awesome art : )