ZBrushCentral

Zbrush vehicle designs and sketches

some vehicle sketches, I’ve done recently. also, I placed some ball maps I use with my matcaps that can be added in. I like the zebra stripes when I’m sculpting hard surfaces as I can see reflectivity and obvious issues I might have with the surfaces. I must thank my friends and co-workers at Ford. My manager let me take a final image out for a presentation in Croatia. it is the sportscar in the desert as it was a quick study and test using entirely Zbrush. It has no future Ford DNA just a car study. I love the toolset in Zbrush for creating designs. I feel more like I am sketching out ideas and finding happy accidents than when modeling to a design in another package like Maya or Alias. Thanks

Attachments

darkmetalstipes.jpg

ball.jpg

dbtip_zcarsmall.jpg

Still stuns me that you do all this in ZBrush. Way cool! BTW, are you using the new ZModler brush, or are you still using the methods you showed us some time ago i.e. panel loops (with the other tools you mention here)?

Wow, the desert car is gorgeous! Amazing lines and even love the tail lights.

I placed some ball maps I use with my matcaps that can be added in

Whatever do you mean Sir? Illuminate me pray do.
It’s been ages since I tinkered with materials.
I fancy giving this a try - is it good for organic sculpting too?

XForm Tools you say? What are they?

So many questions it seems, I do apologize.
Except wait, I have one final one question - your work is all about the subtlety of curves and lines , how a highlight travels and diminishes etc
What in nature inspires these form and represents for you an aesthetic that you feel a connection with?
If you say a pineapple I won’t believe you :slight_smile:

Lovely lines gliding - you make it look easy but I know it isn’t :+1:

Wow. I love the design and your work on the lighting as well. Very nice to see this kind of work fully designed in ZBrush.

That’s still cool and impressive to see car design done with Zbrush, especially when it’s too well done!

Bravo!

so you open the material tab and dig down into properties then replace the ballmap with one of your own.

and I do sometimes use the zmodeler. especially at the beginning and on wheels. I do use Maya to retop often but the desert car was entirely zbrush with a bit of psd clean up.