ZBrushCentral

The Soldier Project

Hi guys my first post here, Freelance work I made for a short movie call “The Soldier” under the banner of BattleSausage a collectif of artist making CGI stuff for fun :slight_smile:

I made the design in zbrush, use marvelous designerand 3Dsmax to clean the model, texture and shad in substance painter, make all the displacement in zbrush, the skin details where made with texturing XYZ and render everything in Vray.

You can see videos related tothe character here:

[youtubehd]JkSBqfA3LCw[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]xj5Bg_gG57g[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]mYkQak_RYLs[/youtubehd]

Attachments

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Small01.jpg

Small02.jpg

Small03.jpg

ribeyrolles-leo-001 (1) (00000).jpg

ribeyrolles-leo-001 2.jpg

Really like the way this character is looking, especially your skin details and the overall design of her suit. Great work.

This might not be the most appropriate place for these questions, but can you tell us how you are getting enough texture resolution for a high-res character like this in Substance Painter?

Are you exporting 8K maps using the new version of SP, and if so, what graphics card do you use for this?

Are you using UDIMs to separate your character into different Texture Sets in SP, and if so, how do you avoid seams since SP can’t yet paint across multiple Texture Sets?

Are you bringing any of the maps painted in SP back into ZBrush in order to apply them as masks or displacement?

Thanks for sharing, and can’t wait to see the short. Cheers!

EDIT: Also, is BattleSausage looking for anyone to help out? I’d love the opportunity to make a small asset or prop as an art test or something in order to get in on the awesome work you are doing here.

For the skin I use texturing XYZ a high quality displacement maps scanned for real skin you need to paint them in Marie to benefit the 3 channel provided
by the maps and you provably have the same micro details I have on the skin of this character.After you can apply it in zbrush and extract the displacement
or use it as a secondary displacement on the top of your sculpt in the 3D software, the rest is doing by Vray and the skin shader with some additional bump.
Every maps on the face is 8k and there is only 1 Uv for the all face.Substance painter help me to make some dirt on the face to break up a little bit the skin
for story telling purpose

I put the link in there you can check it out, hope I answer your questions

http://texturing.xyz/

For the moment BattleSausage start a new project but it’s to soon for help I think thanks for the consideration :slight_smile: