Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Question any ZB + Bosto or HUION Users?

I'm deciding to get a touchscreen tablet and am looking for reviews specific for use with 3D ZB, Maya, and 2D Photoshop-ish software.
    The only touchscreen I have tried is Surface Pro 3 but the screen was way to small.
    Bosto or HUION look like affordable options.
    Cintiq Companion 2 also looks like a great product.

sadicus | My Gumroad | w10 | nvidia GeForce 680M |
    Soft kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, Sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Huion

I realise this is quite an old thread! I am interested what you went with in the end?

I just got a Huion GT-221 but right click navigation doesn't work which is extremely frustrating! Can't work out if it's a driver issue or they are all like it! Works well in photoshop etc though.

Build quality and screen is very nice. Little tricky to get it going and the utility for setting up express keys etc is not great.

Rich

Default from HUION + ZBrush Tech Support

HUION GT-221 Pro
    "Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience has brought to you.
    We regret to inform your that the pen tip and pen button are not supposed to be pressed simultaneously.
    Because this might disrupt the pen function(in some rare cases it will be recognized as if you've pressed the second button).
    We suggest you use a "tablet + pen" button combination instead.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a nice day!"

Pixologic
    ..."The Smooth Brush is one of the few items that cannot be remapped to another key, therefore assigning a different keyboard shortcut for the smooth brush affect will not work for what you are trying to do. If HUION support is saying you cannot press the pen button and pen tip at the same time, then im afraid there is no way for you to achieve what you are trying to do with the smooth/Shift key in ZBrush.

FYI - With a Wacom device tablet and pen, you have the option to change the pen button modifiers for buttons 1- 2 as the Shift Key (instead of Single Click or Right Click) and then clicking the pen button that has the new assigned keystroke Shift + using the pen to click on the surface works with the smooth brush. I have tested this on Wacom Cintiq, and can confirm this works. Unfortunately there is nothing more we can do on the ZBrush side at this time, and as of now, the only way for this to be achieved is for you to use a Wacom device, or other device that will allow you to press both the pen tip, and pen buttons at the same time.

With that said, I have made a note to discuss the option to remap the smooth brush to a different key, for future developements in ZBrush."...
    Soft kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, Sleepy kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Default Right Click Navigation

Interesting. So you went with a Huion and had to re-learn to navigate without right click?!

Right click navigation doesn't require the pen button and tip to be pressed simultaneously. With my Intuos I press the pen button and kind of hover the pen just off the surface for rotate/zoom/pan.

Thanks for getting back to me. I wonder if they'll update the drivers... Presumably the normal tablets work fine? It's very hard to find any Huion/zBrush info online which should have set alarm bells ringing!!

Rich

Default Paul Gaboury - RCA

I've only used a mouse with ZBrush, so this is a first Pen Display.
    Right click Navigation is working here, Paul G Navigation is correct, "Right Click Army" is the way to go!
    I was trying to assign the Smooth function to the "left or right click" on the pen and currently that is not going to happen with ZB + Huion because the pen nib and pen button cannot be active simultaneously.

Are you using Windows or Mac?

I have right click navigation in Windows (tested last night) but not on Mac which is very frustrating (I use Mac at home). I'm trying to get some response from Huion about this discrepancy.

Thanks for your help

richnorth, yes, using Win10x64. That is strange why mac would do that. Please post Huion's response when you find out. Thanks!

Works well in photoshop etc though.