ZBrushCentral

Complete Anatomy

Hello ZBrushCentral,

My name is Gusztav Velicsek and I’m working for 3D4Medical as the Head of 3D. I would like to share some of the work we have completed on our latest application, Complete Anatomy. At 3D4Medical we are creating applications for medical students and professionals. We are the world’s leading medical applications developer and I thought it might be refreshing to see something different that has been created with the use of ZBrush.

At the 2015 Apple key note speech, we had the chance to present our application in front of over 40 million people. Following this, 3D4Medical were named overall winners of the Apple Design Award 2016 beating over 2 million apps. Our main app Complete Anatomy is top grossing No. 1’s on the App Store in 141 countries. It’s an incredibly exciting time for us and I really felt it would be great to share an insight with the ZBrush community.

At 3D4Medical we love to use ZBrush in our workflow and we use it on daily basis. The full skeletal system was sculpted with ZBrush under supervision of medical experts. Most of the organs and main structures where created using the software. While working with medical professionals on 3D models, flexibility is a key aspect of the workflow and using the right tools was essential.

We are really trying to push the boundaries and using ZBrush is a key tool to make sure that something is not only medically accurate but also aesthetically pleasing. Complete Anatomy is the most challenging, detailed and innovative project we have worked on and I would like to say a quick thanks to the 3D4Medical 3D teams in Dublin and Warsaw for the hard work they have done.

I really hope you guys will enjoy this post. :slight_smile:

Brief overview of Complete Anatomy:

Also a sneak peak to the augmented reality project (Esper) we are working on:

A couple of screenshots form ZBrush:

001.JPG

002.jpg

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.jpg

006.JPG

007.jpg

008.jpg

Attachments

001.JPG

002.jpg

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.jpg

006.JPG

007.jpg

1 Like

Some images from the application and a few beauty renders:

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg012.jpg016.JPG017.JPG

Attachments

011.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

017.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.jpg

Attachments

017.JPG

018.jpg

Improvements are looking good. Thanx for sharing.

beautiful project, I’ll give it a shot for sure!

Thank you for posting. Really great app for reference.

Very great work! I’m excited for project esper :slight_smile:

wauw! this looks great.

-r

Fantastic design and great app. Congratulations!

Yep, solid work Gusztav.
Greetings from Warsaw office :wink:

Great work, looks fantastic especially the renders of the skeleton.

Thanks guys! I will try to post a couple of more renders and updates here in the near future. :wink:

The renderings are wonderful but I am a bit puzzled about the vertebrae textures. The look too spongy for an healthy average man I guess.

Very nice stuff! :smiley: Could you treat us to a break down of how you went about the surface detail of the bones? I see the renders and real time model have the detail but your zbrush screen caps don’t. I would love to see how you went about this monstrous task.

Truly awesome job all around. Definitely going to check out the app!

Absolutly Wonderful…
I have all your apps, they are a great resource I use regularly. can’t wait for the model downloads I’m tired of sculpting bones :wink: … lmao

great work

nice one mate

…application! :+1:

Looking good boss man … keep up the good work