ZBrushCentral

Petr Sokolov sketchbook

Hi, Zbrushcentral!
It is a great place for art. I learned here a lot about 3d and i saw here many beautiful works. Now, i’m very excited to share my own project!
I’m really big fan of Medieval era. For a long time i wanted to do something of this mysterious period. The highpoly done in ZBrush, Max. I posed it in ZBrush with transpose master. For the beauty shot i made passes in ZBrush. Then, i blended all passes in Photoshop and did some tweaks. Hope you like it! The game res is comming)
Thank you!

Medieval Knight

Artpity_Knight_HP_Final.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Gloves.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Side.jpg

Artpity_Knight_TPose_Sides.jpg

Artpity_Knight_Gloves_Side.jpg

Artpity_Knight_TPose_Close.jpg

Artpity_Knight_TPose_Close2.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artist/artpityArtpity_Knight_HP_Helmet_Final.jpg

Attachments

Artpity_Knight_HP_Helmet_Final.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Final.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Gloves.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Side.jpg

Artpity_Knight_TPose_Sides.jpg

Artpity_Knight_Gloves_Side.jpg

Artpity_Knight_TPose_Close.jpg

Artpity_Knight_TPose_Close2.jpg

Medieval Knight portrait

Artpity_Knight_HP_Helmet.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Face.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Helmet_Close.jpg

Attachments

Artpity_Knight_HP_Helmet.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Face.jpg

Artpity_Knight_HP_Helmet_Close.jpg

Oh wow. Turn out great man! congratz

Thank you!

mmmh…
quite nice indeed, just some points that came to mind:

-how does the visor fix itself to the helmet and not just flop around?

-are those studs on the chest piece or fixtures for inner plates or the padding?

-the mail on the aventail doesnt work i assume, rings appear stretched at the lower part compared to the top whereas the rings should just be further apart down there,
however since that wouldnt work at such a width anymore you would probably have to use a horizontal direction of the link “chains”

-dont the individual plates of the boot cover intersect with each other if you bend your foot in a walking movement?

-really nice that you used a bit of padding underneath the helmet/coif/aventail combination

-he needs a buckler or shield or somin with such a tiny sword, and obviously a damsel he can save

model and all is really nice, these are just nitpicking bits in case anyone bothers with historical or practical realism

Fantastic,its my fav subject lol im working on a crusader knight at the moment,which is alot earlier than this knight,this is awesome mate love every bit of it,cant wait to see it textured,you have a new follower

jaysus
Fonty
Thank you, Guys, for your comments! Sorry for the long answer, i really don’t know why i missed it earlier…:cry:

-how does the visor fix itself to the helmet and not just flop around?

nothing really special: the mount is very tight and it helps not to flop
helm.png

-are those studs on the chest piece or fixtures for inner plates or the padding?

those studs are fixtures for inner plates
briga.png

-the mail on the aventail doesnt work i assume

you are right, I simplified it a bit)

dont the individual plates of the boot cover intersect with each other if you bend your foot in a walking movement?

i guess not. This is how the bend looks like in real life
boot.png

-he needs a buckler or shield or somin with such a tiny sword, and obviously a damsel he can save

it is two-handed sword. So, he hopes not to die because of his armor and fencing skill :smiley:

cant wait to see it textured

Thx, Fonty. I hope to finish before the new year)

Hi ZbrushCentral! Long time no see)
But my low poly knight is finally done. I’m very happy to share it with the community! It was a long term project and i learned a lot from it. Character polycount is about 38K + sword 1,5K + cloth 2K. I used the metalness workflow. Textures: armor 8K, face 2K, sword 2K. I appreciate all my friends, who helped me with advice and motivation! And special thanks to Evgeny Molotskiy for awesome rig/skin of this knight and help with historical reconstruction!
Thank you!

[FONT=arial black]retribution…

artpity_knight_lp_beauty.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_detail_04.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_portrait.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_back.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_left.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_right.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_face_close.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_details.jpg
artpity_knight_lp_wire.jpg

Better quality pics here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/l4eqGartpity_knight_lp_beauty.jpg

Attachments

artpity_knight_lp_detail_04.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_portrait.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_back.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_left.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_right.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_face_close.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_details.jpg

artpity_knight_lp_wire.jpg

I live the attention to detail in this clearly well-referenced piece. I’m especially enamored with that section of chain mail, which is always a pain.

So great!!Awesome work!:+1:

Very cool work!
Cheers,
Selwy

[quote="Spyndel"] I live the attention to detail in this clearly well-referenced piece. I'm especially enamored with that section of chain mail, which is always a pain. [/quote]
Thank you! To do the chainmail i used Slideknit for Max. It is very comfortably and no pain:D
    [quote="Alexdai"] So great!!Awesome work!:+1: [/quote]
Thanks!
    [quote="selwy"] Very cool work! [/quote]
Much appreciated! And big thanks to you for your awesome articles and anatomy refs!;)

Really good! Loved it!

Really good work! Real pleasure to dive in on all those details so nicely blended together.
Comgrts

cool result:roll_eyes:

Thanks to everyone! I appreciate it!

Wow! Beautiful work :slight_smile: Congrats with Top Row!

very cool character

Thank you, guys!