ZBrushCentral

Tyrannosaurus Rex Model

Hey, I modeled this Trex for a class final and would love to get feedback! Thanks!

Attachments

Head.jpg

You want to do a tribute to Jurrasic Park TRex or an Historical Trex since both are not the same. I just ask

For me its the head whom need more work. The head is so iconic you want to do justice. A cool fact, for Jurrasic World they scan the original maquette to replicate the new Trex in the movie. And they share the 3dscan ref picture in a past article. that should help a lot

Also you should share bigger resolution pictures. Hard to look at the detail in that current format

Hey I uploaded bigger resolutions for the details to be seen. I used Stan Winston’s actual model from the Jurassic park movies but not from Jurassic World. Yours is looking great so far love the detail you’re adding in! My tongue and teeth are separate sub tools. It looks like you’re modeling them out the head which may complicate things and its harder to get in fine details. I was doing the same thing spending so much time on it without getting great results. Using different sub tools then appending them cut my workflow in half!

Thank you,
Stephanie Verner

It’s not my model. What I shared is the Jurrasic Park TRex 3d scan head maquette from the vault of ILM/Stan Winston.

Oh I misunderstood! Thank you for the model than so I can add more detail to my piece!

That artist also as great reference since its Traditionnal sculpting:

http://galileon.deviantart.com/gallery/

t_rex_1_8_scale_bust_size__by_galileon-d7gtm8w.jpg

Awesome! Thank you for the great references!

you model look good enough. if you basing it on jurassic park then your getting there.

Thank you! Right now I don’t have much time right now to make improvements but will soon!