ZBrushCentral

HectorSDors - Works

Hi there! I’m using whats… Just kiding…

This is my first thread on ZbrushCentral. I learnd a lot studying all awesome works peaple post here, so I decided that it0s time to start sharing some of my personal projects. I’ll really apreciate any comment, feedback, whatever… you want to tell me, so go on! :smiley:

This is a project I started thinking in a 3d printed figure, based in the Jez Tuya character design ( http://jez-tuya.blogspot.com.es/ )… but when I realize, it became another “ready to animate” character :slight_smile:
Sculpted in Zbrush, retopo in Max, textured in Substance and rendered in Marmoset.

Good Topology…

Here’s some pics about the workflow I’m get used to follow with portraits.

I started creating a base with dynamesh and sculpted the principals volumes, then I create some details, breake the symmetry… trying to get some natural shapes and gestures. At this point, I started the transfer details to the retopo I created before. I haave diferent models with some topology variations I use depends the situation and the project.

hector-s-d-ors-12182567-10153631877671327-349985175321809509-o.jpghector-s-d-ors-screenshot143.jpghector-s-d-ors-screenshot142.jpg

Back to substance or mudbox, I started to project some textures from photoreferences. When I have all the albedo detail I usually go back to Zbrush, aply the texture and create a mask by color density. Then I inflat just a little de masked areas to create the fine detail, aply and smooth and continue texturing the mesh with some alphas.
12604922_1551091411877957_3997185072324186022_o.jpg

base.jpg
The next step was create the hair cards. First of all, I create some base cards and started to put randomly over the head… but it doesn’t work well…

So I created some quick sketch and project some textures on the cards. After paint manually the alphas, put it together and create a quick shader on marmoset to check how it was working.
Work with twisted flows to put the hair cards was a great idea after all.

hair marmoset.jpg

Finally, this is the result

pelo.jpgpelo2.jpg

This is part of a project i’m working. A character with different mechanic parts. Besides I’m trying to create a new anatomical female model that could be used as a basemesh for the next in game models i’ll create.

BUt step by step… frist, the arm. All made in Zbrush and 3d max and detailed and textured in Substance painter. A funny workflow in deed.
Peril_AS.jpg You can cheeck out here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/J82Xn the Marmoset viewer file.
Views.jpg

Test made along two weeks (12 days of hard working).
I received a vest/armor concept and I had to develop the entire character.
It was fun to work with close poly count restrictions:
Hair: 6K tris
Head: 7k tris
Body: 30 k
Moreover, I recreate an Unreal 4 Scene to move around the character. I think it’s one of the funniest parts, just to move between the characters in real time and close up all that you can to see the details!

BPR_StarbreezeTest_Hectorsdors - copia.jpgBPR_02 - copia.jpgBPR_04 - copia.jpgBPR_06 - copia.jpgBPR_07 - copia.jpgBPR_08 - copia.jpgHigh_Details.jpg

Modeled in 3Ds Max, sculpted in Zbrush, textured and baked in Substance Painter, I’ve used Mudbox to project the displacement textures and the skin base color. Maya was used for the Uv’s (love how it relaxes the meshes). Marvelous for some clothes and Marmoset 3 and Unreal for the render.
Modeled in 3Ds Max, sculpted in Zbrush, textured and baked in Substance Painter, I’ve used Mudbox to project the displacement textures and the skin base color. Maya was used for the Uv’s (love how it relaxes the meshes). Marvelous for some clothes and Marmoset 3 and Unreal for the render.