ZBrushCentral

Simon Loyer Sketchbook

Hello everyone !

I’ve been fan of this forum for a long time but I’ve never commented on anything, let alone post something on my own.

I’m a French 3D Artist living in Belgium and I’m trying to specialize myself into character art for video game. In my last job I became slowly a tech artist and I really liked it. But after some time I noticed that I was sculpting more the evening than I was making shaders and VFX. For quite some time, I tried to do both. And realized that I was just progressing too slowly in two different disciplines, where I should be giving my best in one.

So after a lot a struggle to start over by myself I took a mentorship with the great Alexandre Fiolka, whom I happen to know from work.

And after a lot of work and a great inspiration from BORISLAV MITKOV :

This project was really for me to make a “game ready” character asset. The focus was optimization, topology for animation, PBR texturing, Etc… Well, somethings current game production need.
So if you want wireframe images or just more screenshots go HERE. Or just ask and I will post more here.

Since that big project is done, I will try to post some more casual things in the near future.

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Attachments

simon-loyer-screenshot100.jpg

simon-loyer-screenshot094.jpg

screenshot103.jpg

SimonLoyerVikingTurntable.jpg

ZBrush Document01A.jpg

ZBrush Document03B.jpg

ZBrush Document05.jpg

ZBrush Document04.jpg

Something !

simon-loyer-amiralsomething03.jpg

Something !

simon-loyer-womanheadfinal.jpg

Nothing More Here !

I tried not to go overboard on detailing this one. I feel like I could go further on the crown and the neck piece but I’m afraid it will clash with the really simplified face.

Well, Back to work !

Something else !

A little more here.

Awesome HP Lovecraft! The angles, style and the little cthulu are great.