ZBrushCentral

Warrior Kangrinboq.

The Warrior is a personal project based on the awesome artwork of Yin Yuming the “Kangrinboq Warrior”.

It all started as a quick zbrush sketch that was decimated and brought to 3d max for retopo. After the final animation ready mesh was done I jumped back to z-brush for the hi-poly sculpt. The body was particularly tricky as I could not get to the needed resolution using a single sub-tool. For that purpose, after sculpting primary and secondary shapes, I divided the model in 4 subtools and detailed each one separately. I than was left with a seam. To clean that up I Sliced the copy I had done of the full model being careful to get a good area around the place where the model was divided. I than projected the details, smoothed the seam and re-sculpted the pores. That was than projected back in to both parts of the divided model. The result is a full detailed body without seams.

All the textures was than painted in zbrush and composed in photoshop to overlay the cavity maps.

For the hair I used fiber mesh in zbrush to get the feel for the beard, exported the fast preview strands as guides and used ornatrix to generate the final hair.

I done a simple rig in max to pose the character. For that I used cat.

The final render was done in vray. Most of the surface details are 32 bits displacements. Final color correction and depth of field was done in photoshop.

Thanks for my beautiful wife for bearing with me during another long project and big thanks for my co-workers Pedro Tarantino, Gabriel Laranjeira, Marcelo Gracio and Agusto Florentino for all the support and incentive.

Attachments

Warrior_11.jpg

Warrior_01.jpg

Warrior_02.jpg

Warrior_04.jpg

Warrior_05.jpg

Warrior_06_B.jpg

Warrior_07.jpg

Warrior_08.jpg

Nicve work overall, but I think the eyes shader could be improve. I doesnt read them as well as the rest

Holy smokes this is amazing! Great job :smiley: