Thumbs up Education

Please let this be good enough to let me teach this instead of Mudbox! I just need to be able to have students sculpt and auto-retopo decently enough to cram game models into an engine. Doesn't even have to be perfect. Just has to be free for students to download. :P

New Member Follow User Gallery

linux, please, please

I was really hoping ZBrush 5 would be the first step toward offering a UI with panels that work more like the respective OS that the app is installed on (panels that could be docked in any monitor in a multi-monitor setup and not tied to the main window - like Adobe CC apps).

I'm happy to see there's a cost-effective option for people who don't have ZBrush and want to work their way to it, but the UI of this "Core" product seems work in the same way as all previous versions, and I can't imagine they would want a different UI between "Core" and "Full".

Member Follow User Gallery

hope it has Zbrush fibermesh

The only thing I'd want, and I want the same regular ZBrush, is camera control that matches Maya and a shortcut configuration that allows for this without loosing any of the power that ZBrush presents.

Since Core is a new program and one that will not likely be used by old-hat professionals, I hope you take the opportunity to try "new" things in its sandbox. Please for the love of god allow for Maya-style camera spinning.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

why not just simply free zbrush for everyone,but user must pay when export their model? that mean,if someone never pay,then his model can only be viewed inside zbrush .

Praying for a Steam release of Zbrush 5.

@Prophetta,
    I don't know much about Steam when it comes to non-gaming applications. What are the benefits of having ZBrush available through steam? Would it make upgrades easier?

Thanks

@TonyV125

There are a lot of other CGI and game development softwares already on Steam like 3D Coat, Substance Painter and Substance Designer, Mari, Marmoset Toolbag, and Marvelous designer will be launched September 12th.

The advantages for buying the softwares through Steam are the organization, so wherever u go if you download steam you can access the softwares that you bought easily on your library.

Every time you log in on your steam account, it will search if there is any new update for softwares or games automatycally.
    There are a lot of paying methods for you to pay for everything, and it's better if you dont want to use your credit card , and pay a lot of taxes just for using the credit card. As i do not live in the US, this is the best benefit for me.

Since other companies started launching their softwares there, i automatically bought their products, and will never have to use (unofficial stuff) again.

"why not just simply free zbrush for everyone,but user must pay when export their model? that mean,if someone never pay,then his model can only be viewed inside zbrush"

Aurick, hold me back please....
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

wacom europe has posted a new short video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31ywYEEVIg

No subtools grouping
    The UI looks to have been a little bit edited, but i can't to see any new type of button like input list.

I just hope people who bought ZB after they release R7 will receive a free update for Zbrush 5, like it was with 3.5 users.
    Plugins & Toolsets for Zbrush 4R8 : zCycler Pro | Plugin Manager |Matiere 3d | Twitter | @Facelessmindz

Faceless : still no Subtool grouping . To do it on ZBrush you can use Zscene Manager, great little plugin. It also allows you to sculpt and paint on multiple Subtools simultaneously.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...Manager-plugin
    I hope it will work on ZBrush Core too !

thank you Aymeric; i know that
    i just hoped for a built in solution directly in Zbrush.
    Plugins & Toolsets for Zbrush 4R8 : zCycler Pro | Plugin Manager |Matiere 3d | Twitter | @Facelessmindz

Whats the point ? We have Zbrush... A free student ver would be cool. Max did it years ago.

Hello Faceless .. Who says they don't have subtool grouping? Could it not be possible that the new icon (arrow pointing downwards) in front of the boolean ones point to opening a drawer of subtools?

We will now for sure around the 30th .. looking forward to see what they came up with

And you are right concerning the interface (one I've always liked) .. it seems icons are more simplified which looks like a nice tweak.

kindly .. eldero
    ZBrush / Corel Painter / Photoshop / Groboto (occasionally)

http://brrrumblebee.be

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast