Default Tony Cipriano Sketchbook

'CLASSIC' 1960's-70s IRON MAN - WIP

Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for a very long time, trying to learn some tips and being inspired by all of the amazing work.
    This is my first time actually posting.

I'm relatively new to Zbrush, but have been a traditional clay/wax sculptor for 25 years. I've recently made the transition into digital and have been trying to improve by watching tutorials by some of the members here. I have worked full time as an animator & sculptor for Walt Disney Feature Animation and as a private contractor for many toy and collectible companies.

I hope to be a part of this community and learn from you all and , maybe, show a few sculpting tips I've learned over the years.

Anyway, this is a simple model I've been working on in my spare time. One of my favorite Marvel designs: the Silver/Bronze Age Iron Man. This WIP is inspired by the artwork of Gene Colan.

I am feeling pretty comfortable with the 'sculpting' aspect of Zbrush now, but I still have quite a lot to learn regarding the interface. I am just beginning to learn how to properly use Alphas, UVs and textures and hope to be able to properly 'render' something in the near future. In the meantime, here are some screen grabs.

PLEASE... offer any critiques or advice you see fit-- I am here to learn.

This figure was made using ZSpheres, primitive shapes and extractions, so far. Right now, I'm focused on my anatomy, pose, silhouette and gesture, but as I get deeper into the software, I'd love to learn how to detail, present and texture my sculptures as some of you do. I am trying to assemble a more professional digital portfolio.

Thanks for looking.

Warmest regards,
    Tony

Default Batman 1966 ( adam west ) wip

Hello Everyone,

Please have a look at my model of Adam West as Batman.

This figure was constructed using ZSpheres. I followed along with Frank Tzeng's fantastic Gumroad tutorial on portrait sculpting to try to get the portrait correct.

Still very much a work-in-progress, but I'm hoping to finish him soon. I plan to unwrap the tights as UVs, and add some nice fabric texture to the model. I also want to try to make the books feel more like leather using an alpha (?)

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Cheers,

Tony

Default Bruce timm style pin up

This is a model I'm working on based on WB animator & director Bruce Timm's pin up art.

I've just recently begun to play with Polypaint. I found that the 'Trim Dynamic' and 'Pinch' brushes come in handy when sculpting this sort of stylized character.

Thank you for looking. Advice & critiques are always very welcome.

Cheers,
    Tony

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

wow

hey tony!

welcome to zbc.

great seeing you here at zbc. i have been a huge fan/admire of your work for quite some time now.
    looks like you have already got a good grasp of zb.

just a little note.. the s and hPolish are both really good for stylised characters and just for plain clean up of forms.

looking forward to see more from you, both digital and traditional.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Thumbs up

awesome tony!
    Prototyping @ J.W. Productions
    www.jasonwiresproductions.com

Cool

Great to see you here sir! Big fan of your work. I look forward to what you make in Zbrush

New Member Follow User Gallery

So happy to see that you're posting your digital work to this forum, Tony.

Like many others, I've been a fan ever since I first saw your work. Your 2-part interview on YouTube is also a favorite of mine.

You may also want to check out (if you haven't already) these brushes created by another member (Mahilikus the Black). The "cut" brushes are like a combination of pinch & Damian Standard and once you get a feel for them, they're great for making clean edges and grooves. It looks you've already a method for making some very clean cuts. Just hoping this helps make it faster for you.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...75050&p=688812

Thank you fro your nice comments, my friends
    Please visit my website here: www.ciprianosculpture.com

Please visit my Facebook page here:

www.ciprianosculpture.com https://www.facebook.com/ciprianosculpture
    Cheers,
    Tony

New Member Follow User Gallery

i like it