ZBrushCentral

Happy Orc Week...

Or so it seems with everyone making orcs these
past 2 weeks…: ) Anyway, I thought I’d join the fracas and started up on this bad boy. He is a Warhammer Orc based on the games workshop orcs. I started him in Lightwave a long time ago and kinda put him off to the side. I brought him into ZBrush and was able to flesh him out today. He is still a WIP. I used a modified skin shader that I used on my boxer last week which is based on Sokar’s original skin texture. I then used the boxer’s light rig I used last week also.
Once rendered, I plopped him into photoshop for color and lighting tweaks. Hopes ya likes him…121 welcome…

Dickie

I luv it. He’s got an attitude :slight_smile:

Very cool, a face only a mother orc could love… nah probably not. :slight_smile:

Bravo Dickie.Very very cool orc. I love the modeling and the material. Lovely colours and render. :+1: :+1: :+1:

greet modeling !

Wow ! I love it. :smiley:
Warcraft’s orc is he ?

Very cool! :wink:

Reminds of the days when I painted Warhammer armies - especially Orc/Greenskin armies… Are you gonna add the typical massive scars that Warhammer Orcs have?

Great job :slight_smile:

Here is an update on my Warcraft orc. I started to add wrinkles using projection master. I had to up the resolution on his tusks. He’s now up to 1.5 million polys! Try and do that in other convential 3D packages…: )

He is the first model that I tried using wrinkles on. I’m mostly happy withthe look of them. I still got a lot of tweaking to do on him,
let alone painting.

And yes Alfaeus, I’m gonna chew him up a bit. If you have any good links to Warhammer/Warcraft art, I’d love to see them for reference. I have a Warhammer art book and some old catalogues, but new reference is always welcome. I wanna add jewelry, chew up his ears and add a silver cap on one tusk.

Thanks for all the nice comments. They help me keep going when I get frustrated…: ))

Dickie

About the only site I remember that has images is the Games Workshop site referencing Orcs and Goblins:
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/orcs/default.htm

Most of the images will be of models, but may provide a little help.

Thanks for the link, Alfaeus! Some nice stuff on there…Now I gotta remodel his nose…LOL

Dickie

Cool orc, can’t wait to see where ya go with him. Try not to get lost in the fun of detailing :smiley:

Looking really cool. Can’t wait to see your next update. :+1:

Dickie i have a little quastion about texturing . As i can see u textured ur orc and u used darcer color in the bays. Do u make it by ur heand or there is a trick to make darker the bays? (sorry for stole some ideas for my orc head)

BrutalMonk, I’m assuming you are asking about the wrinkles and crevices. I turned on cavity shading in the skin shader a little bit. This is built into Z-Brush. It makes the wrinkles and crevices darker depending on the setting. I’m attaching my orc skin shader so you can use it.

As for “Stealing” my work, I post so that I can share my tips and techniques for everyone to learn from. As does everyone else here at the forum. When you emulate what I have done this a big honor for me. It means I have inspired you to create a work of your own and helped you refine your craft. Remember, my orc, though he is not based on a particular image, is copied from the artists who designed them for The Games Workshop. So I am copying from them too, as I find their work inspiring. Watching you grow as an artist is
a pleasure and an honor…: )

Dickie

OrcSkinForBrutalMonk.ZIP

Ohh now that’s more better. I see how to make it thenx i didnt know it cool.
Sorry for my problems with “stealing” :smiley: :smiley:

Here’s the latest on the orc. I did the initial painting, smoothed out some wrinkles, added a wee bit cavity to my skin shader and added some
“jewelry”. Now I gotta paint his tusks, add spots to his texture, model some scars and make him some armor. I think I’m finally starting to get the hang of Z-Brush…Thanks Pixologic for reawakening my artistic talent again…

Damn this is fun…

Dickie

OMG Damn this is fantastic. i must change some "Thing " on my orc :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I bent the shield into shoulder pads. Not too bad for a quick test. Of course they are in the wrong position if he had shoulders but the idea is there…: )

It’s funny, the shield took about an hour, including screwing around with the design. It would have taken me
a few days in Lightwave if I modeled it. Zbrush is a CG revolution in a box…Nice…

Dickie

I really like the way the material came out for the shield/shoulder pads. That’s a silver, with black cavities, yes?