ZBrushCentral

Matt Damon from Elysium

ce57b6_e9da8cf2cb6a46a9b6c80d221eed1d2b.jpg

zbrush_screenshot.jpg

Hi, my name is Kai Kyoungsoo Kim originally from Korea. I’m a 3D Character Artist. I mainly work on realistic character models with textures, shading and hair. I’m very excited to share my work “Matt Damon from Elysium” with simple breakdowns and some tips.

I have sculpted, textured and shaded Matt Damon. It was a really fun experience and also felt
under pressure because I had to make Matt Damon exactly same from the scratch without using
a scan data.

Attachments

zbrush_screenshot.jpg

Welcome Kai…Looking forward to see more posts from you. Great job with Matt Damon.

So far so good! Matt can be recognize on the first look! :slight_smile:
Please share the next steps!

Very cool! Would love to see more renders and maybe a breakdown!

Oh man, I’m with the other guys, keep posting! Great likeness sculpt!

Love it! Great job with the likeness

kai-kyoungsoo-kim-wide-q-bw.jpgkai-kyoungsoo-kim-bw.jpg

There are some B/W render shots. It’s rendered in Vray Maya

Attachments

kai-kyoungsoo-kim-wide-q-bw.jpg

looks really good man!

GREAT!!! its excellent! (don’t take this crit in the wrong way…my skills don’t even slightly compare to yours) to me, the only thing that seems slightly strange about it is his nose…the tip of it…and maybe the direction of his eyes? they seem slightly off. but really, you did a great job on this! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Nice work.

Fantastic job on this!

Personal work_Ryan
Here is my personal work that I want to share with you guys.
It’s because I’m a huge fan of the style from Elysium, Bright and District 9, I made my guy very much like them.
I was responsible for everything including concept.
Also, I’ve updated my demo reel. feel free to watch and hope you guys like it. Cheers!!

https://vimeo.com/279580183

ryan_main.jpg

ryan_sideByside.jpg

ryan_fullPass.jpg

zbrush_screenshot.jpg

Attachments

ryan_sideByside.jpg

ryan_fullPass.jpg

zbrush_screenshot.jpg