ZBrushCentral

Pixologic UGM: Industrial Light & Magic

[youtubehd]8Z0qAwst5hs[/youtubehd]

On Saturday, December 10, join Pixologic for an exciting and informative afternoon with three Lead Creature Modelers from the renowned Industrial Light & Magic. Kris Costa, Sunny Wei and Patrick Gagne will talk about how ZBrush was used for the production of this year’s film Warcraft: The Beginning. With 62 film credits between them, these artists are on the cutting edge of modern film making!

The event will take place in the green screen hangar at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood, CA. Attendance will be free!

At the request of ILM, we will not be able to broadcast or record this UGM. The only way to learn the tips and tricks from these outstanding artists will be to attend in person. We sure hope you’ll be able to join us!

Gnomon School of Visual Effects
1015 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90038

Saturday, December 10, 2016
Noon to 2 pm

Click Here to Learn More and Register

Modern film making: minimum sense, maximum effects. Oriented for successful box office and targeted at lowbrow fans that will eat anything with popular title.

In other words, forgetful experience. :rolleyes:

Played Warcraft 3 but not WoW, and I really enjoyed the film. And thoroughly enjoyed the look of the orcs. Seriously some amazing performances combined with great artistry. Wish we could see this :frowning: but that is how it goes.

I’m sure it’s a great event

-on the images, those orcs look way too human! -But if they are supposed to have friendly eyes they are spot on.

Orcs are supposed to be mean, and look the part! :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought the warcraft movie was awesome!!! Most of all i fell in love with the half orc woman !!! Once you go green you never go back as they say. No really she’s fine

the film is technically brilliant

and I also enjoyed it for what it was, a film for warcraft fans

Modern film making: minimum sense, maximum effects. Oriented for successful box office and targeted at lowbrow fans that will eat anything with popular title.

keeps a lot of people that frequent this site in work, not such a bad thing

Vir Norin

I absolutely agree with you. It is typical of Americans.
Much show on the screen, but little content, a beautiful box but inside there is the absolute vacuum!

Just see the last of the Disney movie for example Big Hero 6, with stereotyped clichés from other films seen and reviewed and predictable, all seasoned with a lot of “beautiful” VFX.
Unfortunately Disney is dead! Can we forget the very great animated masterpieces of the great Nine Old Men!

It’s fun to read: "At the request of ILM, we will not be able to broadcast or record this UGM.
The only way to learn the tips and tricks from these outstanding artists will be to attend in person".
I wonder: What “magic” technical secrets are revealed because the ILM does not allow to be seen by everyone?
And then “outstanding artists”? And where would the art of these exceptional artists in these films?

Really ridiculous …

I would love to be there, three super awesome artists sharing their knowledge/skills :slight_smile:

"ZOMBEAST Hot orc chick
I thought the warcraft movie was awesome!!! Most of all i fell in love with the half orc woman !!! Once you go green you never go back as they say. No really she’s fine ! "

Hmm, just saw a clip about that character, and come on, it’s just a green catwoman, not a true orc! -A female weightlifter at least should have that role, not a skinny covergirl :wink:
:o