New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Amy's Sketchbook

Long time lurker, decided to finally start up a sketchbook to help organize my practice/studies. Would love any crit/feedback along the way - I'm really trying to improve on characters so anything helps!

Starting off with a practice piece I did in my free hours at work a couple of weeks ago. Second piece is a WIP from today - part of a side collaboration project with another artist. Together we created a backstory for the character, I'm modeling/sculpting and then he's look deving/rendering him afterwards.

www.amyms.com
    artstation.com/artist/amyms

speed sculpt from tonight based on frazetta illustration
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speedfrazetta_001.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	535463  
    www.amyms.com

Finished this one up this week finally. He was modeled in zbrush with retopo + uvs in Maya. Hair is a fibermesh groom rendered in a vray shader. For the surfacing of the skin, I used alphas from Texturingxyz as a base and sculpted on top with dam standard and custom alphas. The fabric surfacing is a mix of alphas from Texturingxyz and Surface Mimic. The lighting and render of the beauty shots are by Richard Daniels, who I'm passing the model on to for texturing/look dev.

Higher res images and breakdown shots are on artstation: www.artstation.com/artwork/0rbw5

www.amyms.com