ZBrushCentral

Christopher Wright, Sketchbook

Greetings fellow ZBrush Enthusiasts! I’m excited to share with you some recent works I’ve “completed” using ZB. All of which are from great designers such as Jin Kim, Cory Loftis, and Shiyoon Kim. I hope you enjoy them. I had a lot of fun sculpting them! And a big thank you to the entire ZB community for all the inspiration I’ve received from so many amazing artists.

Rockstarz! Design by Cory Loftis
Girl_03.jpg

Girl_01.jpg

Rockstarz.jpg

Rockstarz_w_ref.jpg

Grifol, Design by Jin Kim. A character from an early version of Disney’s Tangled.
Grifol_Bust_gray_8_24_15.jpg

Grifol_Full_gray_8_24_15.jpg

Grifol_all.jpg

Frog, Design by Shiyoon Kim
FROG.jpg

FROG_head.jpg

FROG_concept.jpg

Attachments

Grifol_Bust_gray_8_24_15.jpg

Grifol_Full_gray_8_24_15.jpg

Grifol_all.jpg

Girl_03.jpg

Girl_01.jpg

Rockstarz.jpg

Rockstarz_w_ref.jpg

FROG.jpg

FROG_head.jpg

FROG_concept.jpg

2 Likes

Space Girl, Design by Cory Loftis

SpaceGirl_face.jpg

SpaceGirl_full.jpg

SpaceGirl_02.jpg

spacegirl_sqr.jpg

SpaceGirl_03.jpg

Attachments

SpaceGirl_face.jpg

SpaceGirl_full.jpg

SpaceGirl_03.jpg

2 Likes

great characters :slight_smile:

So good! I love the style and poses. These really are works of art!

WOW ! nice!:smiley:

Wow…love the style and cleanness of the sculpts!

Woooow! This so good!!

like Joy in vertices!

Great, congratulations.
I love the girl character!

Great execution! You really nailed these and also added that “secret sauce” that makes them more than the sum of their parts.
Great to see all the fine expressive details.

I could not say more than ArtBot already has (and the rest of the folks here). :sunglasses:

Fantastic translation from 2D into 3D! :+1:

those really look great. You really managed to capture the emotions, great stuff

First of, I really dig Cory Loftis work. Secondly, you nailed the look and feel of the characters in 3d. Great shape control. It looks simple but its such a hard thing to do. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

…adaptations! :sunglasses:

I just love them all !!
GREAT JOB!!!

Thank you for sharing your art.

• STEVE CAS

Fantastic work. Some of the choices you’ve made really help the designs work well in 3d, that’s no easy thing!

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! It really means a lot to me.

Man you translate 2D like a MASTER. Seriously this is extremely wonderful work! You should record your process, I’d love to watch. Well deserved top row.

Love all your models! The flow of simple shapes, volume and form is so good! You stuck close to the drawings, respecting the original illustrations. its identical but in 3D, like so accurate. Im happy you did not cross over and change things after making it 3D, that alone is so difficult. Simple, clean, funky and beautiful! :D:D