New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Festive Fox

My first attempt at fibermesh and also first time using zbrush as my renderer! Passes were composited later in photoshop (Pablo Munoz Gomez has a really nice tutorial on compositing render passes). I'm very pleased with how this came out and also glad that I took the time to do manual retopology. Constructive criticism is always welcome, I'm particularly interested in knowing how to make better eyes in zbrush (I think they need more depth). Also if anyone can point out issues with facial edge loops, it would help me out to understand what is considered correct and what isn't.

Rate it unless you hate it!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

A sweet first post and a fine job with the fibermesh

A CC for the eyes? A little more thickness to the lids and sense of shadowing over the eyes perhaps. A good cheat is to enhance the shading near the lids is to paint in some tonality and outer pinkness to the texture map or polypaint for the eyes.CeĢzar Brandao is a master at adding tonality to his eyes to give his eyes depth and focus - watch one of his videos.
    Breaking the horizontal/ linear uniformity of both upper lids just a touch would add a little more character and inner life.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the compliments and the advice! Never thought about how the lids could have such an effect. I'll be sure to check out the videos you suggested as I feel like a character can really be improved with the just getting the eyes right. Thanks again