ZBrushCentral

S H U T U P ! (Step by step added)

Hi all, it’s the last post for this summer period.
Tomorrow i’ll go to Moscow and other stuff.
This is my little present for the Z People.

aliencolor-aa.jpg

Here is a joint venture betwen SILO(model) Lightwave(rigging)Zbrush( Fun, texture and detail).
My target is :import a mesh, and assign different material.
In Zbrush you can assign only a material for a mesh;:frowning:
when you imported (if isn’t correct let me know please),also if divided in groups, you have every time a single mesh.
If i try to paint the mesh on the canvas, is an hard work and not clean to follow the boundary between 2 materials.
This is not the solution!:cry:
The tips (for me) is:
:large_orange_diamond: Place the obj in the canvas and multimarker it.
:large_orange_diamond: Then selected the part you want (CTRL+SHIFT) and assign the material you want.(the other parts appear and disappear with CTRL+SHIFT)
:large_orange_diamond: Repeat the step in the same place changing the material and body component
:large_orange_diamond: If you have 10 material you need repeat this steps 10 times.

Have a good holiday:sunglasses:
Bye
Leo

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

What an amazing tutorial with an amazing model in it.
Gotta love it. :smiley:

Thanks for the tutorial! The clothes look great.
nice contrast!

Good job :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: , Very attractive. Can not (Typing Error revised :stuck_out_tongue: ) stop loving her.

How you make the hair?

By the way, I fount that other Application can easily make the radial meshes like in navel, eye sockets, mouth…etc. That seems make a good result in smoothing. Can ZBrush do in the similar way? Will that helps to be the more smooth and less meshes?

Have nice days in Moscow. :sunglasses:

Cool Pic to leave us with Marciani! Thanks for the tute!!

Dan…learn about edge loops! You can also sort of create them in a zsphere by either adding a sphere for an eye and backing it into the head sphere or making it disappear inside…when you view the mesh you will “see” the sphere in the mesh to see how it looks at higher levels just up the density.

Hi, Aminuts, see u again.

Edge Loops…mmh…may be taking time and a little bit hard to beginner like me.

Child ZSphere to get back inside will done the fast way. Ha… how can I forget this, Thanks, Aminuts. :slight_smile:

Dan

Hi guys,
thx for your comments,
sorry for the not so fast reply, but i’m in holiday…:wink:
Dan the hair are simply one chain of Zspheres put back of the head and twisted and moved around many times.
Bye
Leo

marciani , you totaly ROCK!!!

I have thought about this riddle for over a year now… How do I use more than 1 material on a model without a black line seperateing them… This solution is so Good!!!

thankyou very much for posting this! My work is about to get 200% better!!!

marcianiRocks! :sunglasses: :+1:

EDIT:

People who use wings can do this easy also…

just assign materials in wings to the surfaces you want… then use the outliner pallett, right click on the materials 1 at a time and select “Select material” then press File>Export>export selected for each material :smiley:

In true space :

assign diffrent materials to your mesh, then press the Break apart Hiarchy button and it will unweld your model, and break it into seperate models for each material… export each piece seperately :D:sunglasses: :+1:

Thankyou again Marciani :D:+1:

Awesome character. My only problem with it is that she looks like she dropped all her bullets…does that mean she shot the cases and ejected the bullet itself?

Hi all
to Downwrdspiral:you are in reason, but i’m to lazy to modified the bullet…
Bye
Leo

Great work marciani :+1:

Thanks for the explanations too…

Ok wow this is very creative!