Default Need Advice.

Hello guys, i need some help with my sculpt, how do i use references properly? when i look at the right profile it messes up the front view, so im not sure which one to use. and can you give me some tips to get better at gauging distances and angle with my sculpt.

PS, when I look at other sculptors, there sculpts have more contrast than mine. Does it have something to do with my monitor?

Thank you.

As far as image planes, there are a few youtube tutorials out there that show proper ways to set your views up without ruining the others (re: Zbrush Image Plane).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b8pATe5Rp8 - example

As far as the contrast question, do you mean the model color, or the detail you've sculpted? Right now it looks like you're in a dynamesh stage, without much detail to really show. But if you mean color, then just change your matcap to something more contrasty (like basic material 2). Or maybe you're comparing a final render to a process shot? Lighting looks flat on everyone's monitors until it's rendered properly.

I have had some problems with this in the past with my side/front planes not totally meshing up correctly. This happens frequently when you use footage from the Internet or don't plan ahead when taking the shots yourself. The reference images you have in the two shots have problems not being lined up correctly with the camera. With video footage, you can often just scrub the footage (i.e. move backward or forward in video clip) to find the best front image reference. Another problem happens when the scale of your front and side references are not scaled properly.

I made a 2 part video on minimizing the problems last year, and maybe this will help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...k01XFTWsQwlWl1

You only need to see the first 2 videos.

As for contrast with the models, it could be that you need to run the BPR. Just press (R). Also, experiment with different materials when sculpting, as they can show or hide flaws in the sculpt.