ZBrushCentral

Changing the topology in the different coloured sections of a mesh?

Is it possible to change the topology (I mean the density of the mesh, if topology isn’t the right term) in the different coloured sections of a mesh, to produce what you see, for example, in the head and hands of the ‘Demmo Soldier’? I have Core and can’t find any way to do this.

Thank you very much indeed for your answers!

Magnus

You can increase the resolution. For example, load the DemoSoldier:

1. For the top subtool, go to the lowest subdivision level by setting the SDiv slider in the Tool>Geometry menu to 1.
  2. Turn on polyframes (Shift+F) and then Sift+Ctrl+click on the chest part. This will show just the chest part, hiding everything else.
  3. Now press the Tool>Geometry>Divide button (or Ctrl+D). The resolution of the chest part will be increased.

Thank you very much indeed for replying to my question. I’m sorry it has taken me so long to check to see if there had been an answer.

Could I put another question to you, please. My problem with the Demmo Soldier is that he is Divided, rather than a Dynamesh. I think this means that the various Subtools can’t be welded into one, which would making printing difficult. I’m using ZBrush Core to make miniature sculpts for a model ship which I’ve been building for the last 12 years, since I retired at 65. I had spent 6 months making about a fifth of a wyvern, using a microscope, when one of my sons showed me the ZBrush site on his computer. I used to use professionally software called Painter 20+ years ago with a Wacom tablet, so ZBrush is not entirely alien. I find it absolutely wonderful! It’s completely brilliant! I’m using a scan of the stern to fit sculpts to. I mustn’t take up more of your time. Thank you again, very much indeed, for your help!

Magnus

Glad I could help and I’m pleased you’re enjoying ZBrushCore. :slight_smile:

You can merge the DemoSoldier (using Tool>SubTool>Merge Visible) and then DynaMesh the result. But some parts, such as the backpack straps, would be very thin and I imagine it would depend on the capabilities of the 3D printer as to whether they would print properly.

HTH,