Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Any way to script or hotkey a press and hold for the Transform:Scale Edit button

I was wondering about the possibility of assigning hotkeys to the Transform: (Scale, Move, Rotate) Edit buttons.
    These are not the ones that actually deform the model but change your view of it, They are the navigation buttons in the transform palette next to the right of the edit button. you click on them and drag. I tried to assign a hot key to the scale but when pressing the hot key and dragging in the canvas no luck.

I thought this might be a good form of alternate navigation if you could just have one keyboard key for pan, zoom or tumble, that you could press and just drag with out any mouse clicking involved. It would be like using the above mentioned buttons but with a hot key or macro for them instead.

I tried a macro with a button press of the Transform:Scale Edit, and thought maybe I needed to add a button hold down command? if there is such a thing, I didn't find one in the ZB docs.

Another thought was to copy the actual buttons to a set spot on my interface and use a canvas click macro to actually click them? and hot key the macro. But yeah I guess the buttons would not actually be on the canvass.

Thanks

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

It would be interesting to know if you can do this directly in ZB. But for those interested I accomplished a "one key press" for tumble, pan and zoom by using a programmable key board macro with right click command and ZB Right click navigation. So for any navigation type I just press one key and drag either on or off the model.

Moderator Follow User Gallery

As you discovered, it's not possible to use zscript to add hotkeys to the navigation buttons. I've tried in the past without much success. The solution you give seems like a good one and will help others looking for such a thing.

Thanks,