ZBrushCentral

looking to hire a 3d illustrator to create a 3d file for a relief portrait.

My company is in the process of creating a plastic mask of a specific celebrity and we are in need of a 3d illustrator to create the .STL file for us.

we will either cnc machine the mask from acrylic or another durable plastic or we will machine a master of the face in wood and we will use that master to create a vacuum formed version. ( not quite sure which direction we will go in but either way we need a .stl file to start experimenting.

the face does not need a lot of detail, if we can achieve the correct shape of the face and hair, I believe that will be enough to create a decent master to use in the vacuum forming process.

the mask will be about 10 inches in size and we will only be machining from the top, so there is no need to render the back of the head, we only require the face and hair and only the front of the face with the back being flat…basically we will be machining a relief.

the name of the person we are looking to create a mask of is rei kawakubo and I will attempt to attach the photo that the customer wants the mask to duplicate…the eyes are closed in the photo and this is fine as this will be a decorative mask for an art project and not an actual mask someone will wear…so we do not actually want holes for anything like eyes or mouth…those areas should be solid.

secondly, in the photo we are trying to replicate , there is a hand obscuring part of the face…we do not want the hand in the file, we simply want the face, eyes closed and hair…the hair is important since this woman is recognizable by her trademark hair…we do not require a ton of small detail in the face as like I said, we will be vacuum forming this model so lots of small detail does not transfer in the vacuum forming process but we would like some details like some small lines for hair ect.

I will additionally attach the only photo I have of this woman from the side view to help with the rendering.

I will also attach some other photos and video links if possible showing other masks created in this manner so you have some idea as to the amount of detail necessary and possible .

I think that covers everything other than price…im not sure of the amount of time something like this requires but if this is a job someone is interested in, you can either respond in this thread of you can text my phone 646 474 5626.

we are willing to start the offer @ $100.00 paid via paypal and upon successful completion of the job…not sure if this is a reasonable price but we will be having a lot of other 3d files needed in the future for other 3d printing and milling jobs so we are not only looking to get this job asap, but we are seeking a good and fast 3d illustrator who we can send all future job to.

I will attempt to attach as much as I can to this thread.

here is a link to a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cox8fR1rUBI&list=PLh6nFU-AHEZhlH8W9S9RSAKlrBd1C0ith showing another mask someone else made so this should give you some idea as to how much detail we require…(our mask will not look exactly like this, this is only to be used to show the level of detail…we honestly do not need quite this much detail, we do not need the file hollow in the back but we do require the hair …we basically want the face and hair from the photo we attached , solid rendering with the back half of the head cut off and back flat so that you can lay the model on a table and the face will be pointing up with the back completely flush with the table.

again, if you are interested in this job , we are willing to start the offer at $100.00, we do not need a lot of detail, just correct shape, size and throw in some detail in the hair so it doesn’t look like a helmet…we need this ASAP! so anyone who can get this to use today will be given top preference when deciding on an artist…the fee is a starting point and negotiable if the amount of work is more than I imagined.

file will be an STL and final printing size will be about 10 inches

Attachments

mask 1.jpg

mask2.jpg

I might be able to help you, with the caveat that there wouldn’t be much room for a revision cycle within the fee that you’re offering.

Kind regards
Matt