Senior Member Follow User Gallery

DigiDemon wrote:
    Actually, it's been stated that when ZBrush 5 is eventually released, there will be an upgrade fee required,
    That's misleading. Pixologic have never confirmed or denied that and we won't know for sure until they do.

What`s great about Pixologic is that they are focused on their core functionality - sculpting and modelling. They bring in innovations every new release. Which is a rarity in 3d industry nowadays.
    I'm not going to deny that pixologic is innovative, but dial your hyperbole back down into the 1-10 range.. the last truly innovative thing they added to zbrush was dynamesh, and that was 6 years ago.

'truly' is a very misleading word because it is a demagogue's argument that only expresses someone's opinion. Using 'dial your hyperbole back down' confirms this.
    You are of course entitled to your opinion, but don't try to impose that as 'the truth an nothing but the truth'. We are talking tools, and everyone has their own use and preference.

I personally find ZModeler far more interesting than Dynamesh - no, I do not do hardsurface - and second only to ZSpheres. Dynamesh is a great tool for sketching, and I wouldn't want to miss it, but it ends with decimation, remeshing and then back to subdivs.

Of course you are free to have and express a different opinion and. if needed, I will defend your right to disagree with me.

Member Follow User Gallery

I'm not going to deny that pixologic is innovative, but dial your hyperbole back down into the 1-10 range.. the last truly innovative thing they added to zbrush was dynamesh, and that was 6 years ago.
    - dynamesh
    - zremesher
    - zmodeler (to a degree, because it only adds to a zbrush workflow, but nothing new to a modelling in general)
    - panel loops
    - insert mesh brushes
    - fibermesh
    - nano and array mesh + NanoTile textures by Joseph Drust that uses those features to make tilable texture creation just as easy as it can be
    - 64 bit version with unlimited undo

If these are not innovative and super useful features, I know nothing then.. maybe a new bevel tool in maya is innovative

Erik: I think you should look up the definition of demagogue, as your comment barely makes sense. "Innovation" isn't subjective, it has a very clear definition. I'd recommend you look that up as well while you're discovering what 'demagogue' means, but to to save you some time I've copy/pasted the definition here for you:

in·no·va·tive: (of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original.

That's not subjective. You're either creating something advanced and original or you're not. Again, I'm not denying the innovations that pixologic has made, I'm just saying that maybe some of you guys need to put the koolaid down and take a breath. It's a software company, not the lord savior. Companies need real feedback to innovate and improve, not a gaggle of cheerleaders who think zbrush is perfect the way it is.

Indik: All of those features are great (and very useful)- but the majority are not actually innovative. My point with all of this is to say- if we just 'let zbrush be zbrush' then the list of features you pointed out wouldn't exist because most of them came from other software. the guys at pixologic are not simply sitting in a lab cooking up brand new things the world has never seen before- they're doing competitive analysis and figuring out ways to incorporate other software's ideas into their own, which (in addition to coming up with brand new stuff) isexactly what they should be doing.

in·no·va·tive: (of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original.
    yep, all those features fall under this definition. They create new workflows which cannot be fully replicated in other software. Ok, zmodeler doesn`t count here, although it still has some tricks up it`s sleeve.

who think zbrush is perfect the way it is.
    Who said it is perfect? It`s strength lies in sculpting and modelling scope, and all those features (innovative or not) are centered around modelling/sculpting pipeline. It seems logical to me (hopefully to Pixologic too) to continue current trend and not bother much with other features down the pipeline, most of which are much better covered in other software.

I think that sculpting is pretty nailed in Zbrush since a lot of time now, unless they add things like dynamic tesselation or voxels. it ZB is still the best sculpting software for sure even in terms of performance.
    They added dynamesh and there's a lot of freedom now in Zbrush to sculpt and put together whatever things we want. So for me areas where they could improve is autoretopo to get even better meshes for animation, and texturing with classic system a la Mudbox separating the process from subdivison of the mesh. There would be other things like rigging, but unless Zbrush can make character animation, is a not a so important area IMO.
    Zmodeler this is a tool they could further improve as well to make it even more handy and in that way no great need to go into other apps.
    Really can't wait and see what they are cooking for this new release since the preview video i saw some months ago.

All these things are amazing and more just keeps on coming. Nobody minds the wait. No matter what new version.
    The excitement will always be there for more things. We all have that. Pay no attention to it. You can still work. Easily.
    All the extra things we've had over the years without extra charge...? Come on.
    These people work hard at making things better for all of us. Every year for the following years.

Be glad. And keep Zbrushing.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Post Future features

I'am relatively new to ZBrush so please excuse if my question might be a little stupid. Do you think there's any chance that Pixologic implements animation one day?

Who knows ? Zbrush right now has even some very raw possibility to rig a character with zspheres, it can also register movies based on user workflow, but animation implies to have a timeline, at least a graph editor for f curves and quite complex rigging possibilities (for Characters) and many more tools, anfd having a more traditional 3d environment would be of great help so i don't see animation coming anytime soon.
    But I may be wrong; with Pixologic one never knows !!!

There is a timeline and there are some animation possibilities already implemented. Not the way one knows from other apps, but you can animate between different layers i.e. to change between different expressions of your character by time.
    "Camera" is animateable and some more things. Just check the manual.
    As said, don't expect animation tools you know, but the basis is there and can be kind of fun to play with.
    I already made short animations inside zbrush as this quickly works even on high res sculpts. Nothing to export, no textures UVs just quickly go for a test.
    Fun.

And don't forget to watch the wonderful art done by mighty kongni which is animated and rendered in zbrush. Simply fantastic!!

https://vimeo.com/59846706
    https://vimeo.com/41806282
    https://vimeo.com/138804771

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...red-in-ZBrush!

GOD I hope so. That would be beyond awesome!
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

I'm no genius when it comes to time zones, so can anyone confirm that 6/13/17 12 pm PDT equals 6/13/17 9 pm GMT Brussels?
    Or am I getting it wrong?
    Thanks!
    Happy ZBrushing! Greetings, Dominiek D.R.

can anyone confirm that 6/13/17 12 pm PDT equals 6/13/17 9 pm GMT Brussels?
    seems correct. At least google confirms

Thanks!
    I find the time converters on the web not really intuitive, so I really appreciate the confirmation because I don't want to miss the event!
    Happy ZBrushing! Greetings, Dominiek D.R.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast