New Member Follow User Gallery

Default It will be good.

Of one thing you can be certain. They never disappoint!

feature requests for 4R8 or 5:
    -better Render (BPR) add refraction, distortion, and proper transparency to BPR
    -graphics card acceleration & stat of the art real time viewport renderer (like mudbox)
    -PBR support <- must have!
    -improve rigging skinning workflow
    -improve Fiber brushes and rendering (arnold does a awesome job, something in this direction) sculpting hair in ZB is really frustation...
    -please add guide support for the fibers(just see Xgen or shave and haircut or other hair creation tools)
    -cloth simulation would be great, something in the direction of marvelous designer would be awesome.
    (but its a nice to have feature, i rather would like improvements of existing things)

-a visual zscript alternative would also be an great improvement, i mean the community is big enough to take care..
    -macro recording like in modo
    -better UI customization for menus and stuff, i want a proper contextual ring menu..
    -also an more precise UV editing tool would also be convenient.

what do you think?

Default YES! big expectations

YES! big expectations

Default Cloth Simulation preview in the image on top:)

It certainly looks like a Cloth Simulator will be given in the latest release. Look at the image on top
    I am super excited. I just had a thought, what if, what if Pixologic created a Game Engine with
    Zbrush4R8??? something to compete with Unreal Engine 4??? Just kidding, it would be interesting but
    I don't think so. I am excited for the 3d carving brushes and "3d Alpha's People!" every day I sit by my
    computer and cross my fingers before I visit www.pixologic.com just to see anything on Zbrush4R8
    nothing all this time and then BOOM! Pixologic shows this image

"Look up here", "3d Alphas people". Classic. I have been waiting
    every day and to see this image of the obvious Cloth Simulator that
    will be included in the latest release is EPIC. What if Pixologic made
    a game Engine with the latest release of Zbrush4R8?? Unlikely but,
    I'm excited for the upgrades to IMM Brushes. Being able to make your
    own carving brushes is going to be nice. Thank you Pixologic
    Live Long and Prosper Zbrush4R8....

Release 4r8 already! I wanna upgrade my zbrush core to full version!

You don't have to wait for 4R8 to upgrade. While the automatic upgrade option on My Licenses won't be available until then, you can upgrade ahead of time through a Support ticket. Just be aware that native-format files created in ZBrushCore can't be opened by ZBrush 4R7. Exported OBJ files open just fine, though.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hold your horses ppl
    I wouldn't count for any kind of simulation in Z - I can't imagine how it would work here. Just look at other typical tools like modelling, uv'ing, retopology etc.
    Z engine is a bit different from others apps (it's what makes it so damn powerful but limited to sculpting, modelling and texturing only).

I've seen many great examples of clothes purely sculpted i Z so this can be done

Member Follow User Gallery

awesome!

Looking forward to it! Though..... Not to be nit-picky but it doesn't actually say when 8 will be released. And considering how long it has been since they announced it at the last summit, I hesitate to get too excited.

Cant wait to see the awesomeness and power of r8 !

YAY!!!!
    I cant wait!
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

So if I understand correctly and if I purchase 4R7 .. there is a free upgrade to whenever 4R8 comes out..

What about if Zebrush 5 comes out? Do I have to buy again or can I upgrade for free to 5 ?

@Debted--I agree. Anyone who has owned a ZBrush license for long enough knows that livestreams and previews seldom mean release dates. Best thing to do for sanity's sake is to always expect to wait longer, and be patient. It's always worth it in the end.

If they do announce a release date on June 13, that will be a pleasant surprise indeed. Best not to set ourselves up for disappointment, though.

great ! I hope it supports obj polypaint import :-D

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast