ZBrushCentral

FJTools

current version 0.2

Hello fellow ZBrush users!
I want to introduce you to my Zbrush 4R8 plugin “FJTools”
This is a collection of scripts that add new, or extend existing features of Zbrush.

Cover_02_02.png

You can find the plugin below or on my gumroad page.
It would mean a lot to me if you would give it a try and would let me know what you think of it!

Featurelist:
Expert Mode (similar to photoshop)
You can select which dividers/panels you want to include in Expert Mode
LP adds the panel on the left side
RP adds the panel on the right side
BP adds the bottom panel
FP adds the “Floating Menu”, so the top and bottom panels
Expert Mode hides/unhides the panels selected above. Using a hotkey is advised.

Select MutliMesh<down <="" strong=""><down selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id<down<="" strong=""><down< strong="">
Down<down< strong=""> selects the mesh with the next ID
Up selects the mesh with the next ID<down <="" strong=""><down" selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id

Random selects a random mesh
</down"></down></down<></down<></down><down <="" strong=""><down< strong=""><down< strong=""><down" selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id

</down"></down<></down<></down><down <="" strong=""><down< strong=""><down< strong=""><down" selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id
</down"></down<></down<></down><down <="" strong=""><down< strong=""><down< strong=""><down" selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id
Maintain your VDM Brushes
BrushToSubtool converts all stored VDM to subtools
(does not work with IMM Brushes yet!)
CleanBrush deletes all stored meshes of the brush
SubtoolToBrush attaches all subtools back to the brush
SkipFirst when active, skips the topmost subtool while adding to the Brush
(in case you have a buffer for naming purpose)</down"></down<></down<></down><down <="" strong=""><down< strong=""><down< strong=""><down" selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id

Installation:
Simply copy the “FJTools.zsc” in the plugin folder of your Zbrush R8 installation which can be found here:
…\ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\ZPlugs64
On the next Zbrush start a new “FJTools” submenu can be found in the ZPlugin zbrush palette.

Known issues of version 0.2:
-While active the “BP” button prevents the locking up mechanism of the ExpertMode
-”BrushToSubtool” only works for VDM (Vector Displacement Mesh) Brushes,
not IMM (Insert Multi Mesh) Brushes yet.</down"></down<></down<></down><down <="" strong=""><down< strong=""><down< strong=""><down" selects="" the="" mesh="" with="" previous="" id
</down"></down<></down<><down< strong=""></down<></down></down>FJTools_0_2.zip (3.75 KB)

Thank’s ! Great ! Big Up !

Love the BrushToSubtool option! Thanks a million!

Hi everybody!
I just updated my Plugin to Version 1.0 and wanted to share it with you :)! You can dowload the plugin via my gumroad page.
It would mean a lot to me, if you would give it a try and let me know what you think of it!

InfoSheet_polycount.jpg

Installation:

Simply copy the “FJTools.zsc” file, along with the “FJToolsData_4R8” folder into the plugins folder of your Zbrush 4R8 installation, which can be found here: …\ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\ZPlugs64
On the next Zbrush start up a new “FJTools” submenu can be found in the ZPlugin palette.

Features:

If you prefer watching over reading, head over to Artstation, where all features are showcased
ExpertMode of the following buttons:

• LTray Includes the left tray into the expert mode
  • RTray Includes the right tray into the expert mode
  • Float Includes the float menus into the expert mode
  • Expert Mode Hides/Unhides the trays that you defined above
!Using a hotkey is highly recommanded.

The Naming consists of the following buttons:

• RenameAll Renames all subtools
  • RenameVisible Renames all visible subtools
  • PrefixToAll Adds a prefix to all subtools
  • PrefixToVisible Adds a prefix to all visible subtools
  • SuffixToAll Adds a suffix to all subtools
  • SuffixToVisible Adds a suffix to all visible subtools

The Grouping consists of the following buttons:

• IsolatePrefix Unhides all subtools with the same prefix and hides the rest
  • ShowButPrefix Hides the subtools with the same prefix and unhides the rest
  • ShowPrefix Unhides all subtools with the same prefix
  • HidePrefix Hides all subtools with the same prefix
  • SortPrefixToTop Sorts all subtools with the same prefix to the top
  • KeepTopmost An addition to "SortPrefixToTop", to keep the topmost Subtool on top when sorting
  • Hide/Unhide all Subtools Depending on the visibility state of you current subtool, hides/unhides all subtools (same as shift click on a subtool)

Color consists of the following buttons:

• Sgl Sets the coloring-mode, so that only the selected Subtool gets colored
  • Grp Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools with the same prefix get colored
  • BGrp Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools in the same Boolean Group get colored
  • Vis Sets the coloring-mode, so all visible Subtools get colored
  • All Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools get colored
  • C1-C20 Colores the above selected Subtool/s, with the selected color
  • Random Colores the above selected Subtool/s, with same random generated color
  • Shuffle Colores the above selected Subtool/s, each with a random generated color
  • User Colores the above selected Subtool/s, with the currently selected main color

Special Thanks:

Shoutout to Vincent Ménier, for testing the plugin and giving me feedback!

Looks good, especially all the renaming and grouping, will try it soon!

@bakedbeing Be sure to check out the newest version that is out now :). Hope you enjoy working with it!

Hey everyone!
Version 1.1 of FJTools just went live. I hope you like the new features.
Please let me know if you encounter problems, or have any suggestions!

InfoSheet_1_1.jpg

Disclaimer:

This plugin was only tested in ZBrush 4R8 P2 on a Windows 64 bit machine. Other configurations were not tested and might cause problems.

Installation:

To install FJTools simply copy the “FJTools_1_1.zsc” file, along with the “FJToolsData_4R8”-folder into the Zplugs64-folder of your ZBrush 4r8 installation. The path should look similar to this:
…\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\ZPlugs64
Done!

Upgrade:

Should you be upgrading from a previous version, make sure that you have deleted the old .zsc file AND the FJToolsData_4R8 data folder. After that just follow the installation steps above.

Features:

Should you prefer watching over reading, head over to Artstation, where all features are showcased:

ExpertMode:

• LTray Includes the left tray into the expert mode
  • RTray Includes the right tray into the expert mode
  • Float Includes the float menus into the expert mode
  • ExpertMode Hides/Unhides the trays that you defined above (!Using a hotkey is highly recommanded)

Naming:

• RenameAll Renames all subtools
  • RenameVisible Renames all visible subtools
  • PrefixToAll Adds a prefix to all subtools
  • PrefixToVisible Adds a prefix to all visible subtools
  • SuffixToAll Adds a suffix to all subtools
  • SuffixToVisible Adds a suffix to all visible subtools
  • RenameBGroup Renames all Subtools of the same Boolean Group
  • PrefixtoBGroup Adds a prefix to all Subtools of the same Boolean Group
  • SuffixtoBGroup Adds a suffix to all Subtools of the same Boolean Group

Manage Prefix:

• IsolatePrefix Unhides all Subtools with the same prefix and hides the rest
  • ShowButPrefix Hides the Subtools with the same prefix and unhides the rest
  • ShowPrefix Unhides all Subtools with the same prefix
  • HidePrefix Hides all Subtools with the same prefix
  • SortPrefixToTop Sorts all Subtools with the same prefix to the top
  • KeepTopmost If toggled this will leave the currently topmost Subtool at its position. Because ZBrush stores the filename in the first Subtool therefore it is best practice to leave it be.

Manage Suffix:

• IsolatePrefix Unhides all Subtools with the same prefix and hides the rest
  • ShowButPrefix Hides the Subtools with the same prefix and unhides the rest
  • ShowPrefix Unhides all Subtools with the same prefix
  • HidePrefix Hides all Subtools with the same prefix
  • SortPrefixToTop Sorts all Subtools with the same prefix to the top
  • KeepTopmost If toggled this will leave the currently topmost Subtool at its position. Because ZBrush stores the filename in the first Subtool therefore it is best practice to leave it be.

Manage Subtools:

• Un/HideAll Depending on the visibility state of you current subtool, hides/unhides all Subtools (same as shift click on a subtool)
  • InvertVisibility Flips the visibility of all Subtools. Visible will be hidden and vice versa.
  • DeleteHidden Deletes all hidden Subtools after a last warning, without any further prompts
  • ApplyDynToVis Applies the Dynamic Subdiv Levels of all visible Subtools
  • CopyVisible Sets the currently selected Tool as the source to copy from
  • PasteVisible Pasts the all visible Subtools from the previously (by "CopyVisible") defined source.

Color:

• Single Sets the coloring-mode, so that only the selected Subtool gets colored
  • Prefix Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools with the same prefix get colored
  • Sufffix Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools with the same prefix get colored
  • BGroup Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools in the same Boolean Group get colored
  • Visible Sets the coloring-mode, so all visible Subtools get colored
  • All Sets the coloring-mode, so all Subtools get colored
  • C1-C20 Colores the above selected Subtool/s, with the selected color
  • Random colores the above selected Subtool/s, with same random generated color
  • Shuffle Colores the above selected Subtool/s, each with a random generated color
  • User Colores the above selected Subtool/s, with the currently selected main color

Special Thanks to:

Eric Blondin, forgiving me super valuable Zscript tips and continuous feedback! Website | Artstation
Vincent Ménier, for inspiration and testing the plugin! Artstation

I am happy to announce that FJTool 1.2 just went live!

//youtu.be/JlMRmr9gxpk

This is a free update for everyone who downloaded Version 1.1. Simply log into the account you used to download the previous version and get the new one!

Breakdown.png

Next to many minor improvements the biggest change is the new “QuickSelect” feature, which I think is a great addition to the plugin.
I also recorded a mini tutorial series explaining all existing features, which can be found on the plugins’ ArtStation page or YouTube!

Special thanks for the awesome feedback to:

• Joe Atilano https://www.artstation.com/joeatilano
  • Ognyan Zahariev https://www.artstation.com/ognyan
  • Martin Hones https://www.artstation.com/mhones

Attachments

Breakdown.png

Congrats Florian!

Great to you see you still rocking it :slight_smile:

Thanks Eric!
That means alot to me, especially coming from you :)!

螢幕截圖 2018-12-06 下午5.27.39.pngMac osx cannot success show the panel icon

Hey tallken!
I am very sorry to tell you this, but as stated in the disclaimer in the shops FJTools currently only supports windows machines.
The reason is that I neither have a mac, nor know someone with one and therefore can not test for its functionality.

If you would be interested and willing, maybe you could assists me in getting it to run on Mac. In that case please let me know!
Unfortunately this is the only solution I can offer you at this point.

Good news for the mac users out there:
I am almost done porting the plugin to mac! So if someone would like to give it a try prior release, please let me know and so I can hook you up with a free version :)!

I just published an article regarding FJTools in ZBrush 2019 on ArtStation and also showcased a few changes regarding the color swatches!

Tl;dr:
Neither old, nor the upcoming version 1.3 of FJTools will be compatible with ZBrush 2019 :(.
After the 1.3 release, which will be very soon now, I’ll focus on porting it though.

FJTools 1.3 is live!
And this time Mac users are invited to the party as well! You can find the plugin on ArtStation, Gumroad and Cubebrush. I also recorded a ►video highlighting all the new features.
A minor downer: This update will not bring FJTools to ZBrush 2019. I will start porting right away, but all early adopters among you will have to be a bit more patient.

New features:

• QPick which addition to the QuickSelect feature. It allows to select multiple Subtools, that then can be used by other features of FJTools
  • Visibility Sets that allow to store the currently visible Subtools in a config file and load them whenever needed
  • new sorting features (SortBelow/SortToBottom)
  • “Fix names duplicates” feature, that will make sure every Subtool has a unique name
  • a setting section, in which the plugin can be customized

Fixes and improvements:

• improved responsiveness of the UI
  • restructured the UI (the Grouping section was divided into a new Visibility-section and the Mange-Subtools-section)
  • reworked the Naming section, which now is more compact. It was also extended to support Boolean Groups and QPicked meshes
  • extended the visibility based features to Boolean Groups and QPicked meshes
  • some visibility based functions caused problems, when the selected Subtool was also topmost

• pre- and suffixes will now automatically be separated by an underscore (this can be disabled via the settings)
  • QHide will no longer hide the currently selected Subtools, which often happened unintentionally (this can be disabled via the settings)
  • QMask no longer creates gaps between adjacent Polygroups and should only rarely create artifacts
  • QMerge will now maintain UVs

• textures will now be disabled when colorizing Subtools, to better show what is happening (this can be disabled via the settings)
  • amount of color swatches has more than doubled
  • color swatches and their labels, can now be customized via the settings
  • fixed an issue that occurred when colorizing Subtools with multiple layers
  • random color generator was not as random as I thought it was. Now it is!

• the Manage-Subtools section now also supports multiple modes
  • fixed an issue with Apply Array when the Subtool had multiple subdivisions
  • SortToTop now will maintain Boolean Groups
  • Copy and Paste will now maintain the state of the pasted Subtools

Special thanks for the testing the plugin and writing awesome feedback:

Cant get this to work with the latest version of ZB. Hope we will get an update for this great tool.

Hey John!
Sorry for the late reply, I did not notice that we are at page 2 already :D.
Unfortunately I got a bit swamped at work, but the port to 2019 is on its way!
Most of the features are done and will support folder as well, but I still need to do some bug fixing.

No problem mate, glad you are on the ball and glad to hear that a 2019 port is on its way.

FJTools 1.4 is live!

Check out the “Feature Highlight”- video to get detailed information about all the changes.

New features:

• The “QuickMenu” was introduced to improve the usability of the plugin
  • All categories were extended to support folders
  • A new “Create Folder” function was added in “Manage Subtools”
  • General performance was improved
  • Countless bug fixes

Special Thanks:

• Marcus Civis (a special thanks to Marcus for his effortless help on ZBrushCentral)
  • Gabriel Bona ArtStation
  • Stefan Berentzen ArtStation
  • Rafal Zelazo
  • Felix Wolf ArtStation
  • Fabio Goncalves Gumroad
1 Like

Florian,

Thank you for this really amazing add-on you’ve put together !

I’d like to make a request that isn’t part of this tool if you ever find the time;

Could you please give us a way to color code brushes. Though some people use keyboard shortcuts to get to their brushes, I get to them visually. If I were able to color-code them into categories it would be great. (Move type brushes would be one color… Clay brushes would be a different color… most used brushes would be a different set of colors … etc)

It would also be awesome to be able to color-code blocks of the workspaces. EG>> Beneath the canvas people typically will put brushes and other menu items… it would be nice to be able to have panels down there which are different colors. LINK>> As an example.… This interface someone has segregated with colors. To be able to do somethign similar to this “live” would be awesome.

Thanks for considering this… and…

Thank you for your great efforts and contributions !

DougE